Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 40 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xuv
85 Posts
Lookingo add factory NAV to the wifes 02 sle envoy w/o bose system. IS it possible or can I add bose then NAV?
TIA
Nick
I am interested in this too... I am even willing to swap wiring harnesses over if needed. What would I need to do to add OEM Nav to a non-Bose vehicle.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
59 Posts
Won't work!

The head unit has to be able to tie in to the vehicle data system and this can't be done!

I worked at a dealership and did some research from what I have found out it kina like you speaking english and me speaking spanish. If neither of us know the others language their is no way to respond this is the same for the vehicle data system!

I wish I was wrong! the new NAV is clearer and has better mapping pin points.

4 DOR VTT

·
Registered
2006 chevy
36 Posts
06 TBSS with "UQA" option listed in glovebox

:bonk:

I've been hunting ebay for weeks now most are LUX head nav units now.

Do I understand the reply "UQA" is equivilant to "Y91" in the larger trucks?

Really interested if anyone has the 15800001 installed in an SS...

Thanks tons!

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts

Thanks tons!
IIRC member 02redhawk has done this. But to do it necessary to get the Lux Amp and some hard to find wiring connectors.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Thanks tons!
UQA is the Bose speaker code for all year GMT360's and has nothing to do with either Lux or non-Lux amps. Dealer should be able to program the Bose Nav unit for either amp. Difference is: non-Lux has the analog amp which has variable inputs for volume, fader, bass, treble, etc. Lux has the digital amp which has a constant level 2ch input and the HU controls amp output and functions via the Class II data bus.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
14 Posts
Heyyy!!!

Can somebody answer this question!!!!:hissy:

Looking to add factory NAV to the wifes 02 sle envoy w/o bose system. IS it possible or can I add bose then NAV?
TIA
Nick
Nobody has answered this!! It seems like the guys jump all around this question. I don't have the Bose system but I have a 6 disc cd changer. By the way what is RDS?:confused:

I want to go up to the Nav to get the screen factor. Can we who have the non-bose system all together ever achieve a serious upgrade like the great Nav system?:mad:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Can somebody answer this question!!!!:hissy:

Nobody has answered this!! It seems like the guys jump all around this question. I don't have the Bose system but I have a 6 disc cd changer. By the way what is RDS?:confused:

I want to go up to the Nav to get the screen factor. Can we who have the non-bose system all together ever achieve a serious upgrade like the great Nav system?:mad:
You need to do some more research. IIRC, the Buick Rendivous (sp) had a non Bose NAV system that might work.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
140 Posts
I have heard talk about the Buick Rendivous having a nav system that would work in a non Bose Trailblazer, but I was never able to confirm this info. If anyone knows if this would work please let us know.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
14 Posts
This may help?

I searched the forums like crazy and I found this. :woohoo:

P/N 15811289
Non-Bose
Non-Lux
Radio with Navigation

In my negligence and excitement I forgot to post the link.:bonk:
So in essence I answered my own question. Although I haven't googled or yahooed the part number, I will soon. If anyone has anymore insight its more than welcome from me. The first thing you can tell me is; where to get one for a reasonable price AND OH, who knows the part number the Rendevous that has the Non-Bose Nav. That information will help too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
85 Posts
ok guys so I have an 04 Rainer with bose what the best way to find out if its LUX or NON-LUX?:thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
ok guys so I have an 04 Rainer with bose what the best way to find out if its LUX or NON-LUX?:thx
What is the exact build date of the truck? A GM parts dept can tell you this with your VIN.

Can also tear off the trim on the rear passenger side and look at the amplifier. :bonk:

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
7 Posts
non Bose navigation

I have been searching the threads trying to understand the options to add a TNR to my non-Bose 07 Rainier.

There seems to be a general consensus that 15811289 will work but I've also seen references that the following numbers will work.

Is anyone in a position to confirm any of these? Do you know what the differences between them are?

It will expand the options to find something on ebay for those of us without factory Bose.

Thanks,

Glenn

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
10 Posts
alright so i have a 06 envoy bose/nav.what do i need to get to switch it to lux?and which part number amp is better if any?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
157 Posts
My brother has a 2004 Envoy SLE without the bose system. It's a base model with out XM or onstar. Last year he bought a NON LUX Delphi touch screen radio from the dealer I work at. The radio pluged in without any programing and worked fine. We did have to add the the VSS signal to the factory radio connector with the supplyed pined wire. Then he upgraded to a GM XM radio kit. Pluged into stock radio and factory pigtails. It works great. Last week he traded the truck into the dealer for another truck (Volvo yuck). We removed the radio, XM and other stuff. My question is can this nav radio work in an older GM car. I created a wiring harness to adapt the newer radio to the older GM car (1995 impala ss). Will this work?

Thanks

21 - 40 of 402 Posts