Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

361 - 380 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
02Redhawk,
Thanks for your reply! I just knew it could be done. I am willing to bet that the sound difference is worth the work. I don't mind going to salvage yards as long as I know what I am looking for. (This is how I found the gps antenna.) Is this 5pin connector in the back panel where the amp goes or behind the head unit?

I have started reading the avalanche threads so I hope to come across the info. I would appreciate the "from to" file if you happen to find it.

Thanks Again,
-Joe

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I'll look this wknd for the Excel file; I know I have it (somewhere), as it was a lot of work to compile & had intentions of sharing it widespread back in the day...

The 5-pin connector attaches to the lux-AMP. You will re-use the other two larger connectors (common between the lux-amp and the premium-amp), but with a good assortment of pinout changes.

The 5-pin is a black connector with a orangish-red TPA (terminal-position assurance). I'll snap a photo of it and also post it this weekend.

Regards,
Mike

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
1,852 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the Bose or not in my new SS. I'm thinking it would be easier to put my aftermarket amp and speakers from the 02 into this truck than convert to lux. If it weren't for having to get a lux radio I might consider it.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the Bose or not in my new SS. I'm thinking it would be easier to put my aftermarket amp and speakers from the 02 into this truck than convert to lux. If it weren't for having to get a lux radio I might consider it.

Well I've actually got a spare GMT360 Lux-Nav (perfect condition, unlocked), lux-amp, and the proper connector/terminals to make it work - bought them all as "spares" in the event mine ever failed....but its been long enough I don't think I'm ever going to have that problem LOL. I've been considering selling this as a full kit - but wasn't going to put up the FS ad until I found my Excel file this weekend. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
I'll look this wknd for the Excel file; I know I have it (somewhere), as it was a lot of work to compile & had intentions of sharing it widespread back in the day...

The 5-pin connector attaches to the lux-AMP. You will re-use the other two larger connectors (common between the lux-amp and the premium-amp), but with a good assortment of pinout changes.

The 5-pin is a black connector with a orangish-red TPA (terminal-position assurance). I'll snap a photo of it and also post it this weekend.

Regards,
Mike

I should also correct myself - - its actually a -6- pin connector.

And Joe, re-reading your info, I'm willing to bet your lux-amp is all-silver with ~10 tall fins, yes? The '06 Escalade amp won't work in the T360s (your NAV unit will, however). You will need to pick-up a lux-amp from an '02-03 T360 for the conversion to work. (This is an all-black finned amp, with ports for 3 connectors on the silver end. I have two of them here (extras); will post up pics later this weekend.)

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_slt
6 Posts
I should also correct myself - - its actually a -6- pin connector.

And Joe, re-reading your info, I'm willing to bet your lux-amp is all-silver with ~10 tall fins, yes? The '06 Escalade amp won't work in the T360s (your NAV unit will, however). You will need to pick-up a lux-amp from an '02-03 T360 for the conversion to work. (This is an all-black finned amp, with ports for 3 connectors on the silver end. I have two of them here (extras); will post up pics later this weekend.)

Hi Redhawk,
You are correct. The amp (#15114454) I have is silver with ~10 fins. It has two ports that connect perfectly to the originals in the Envoy. How much will you be asking for one of the two lux amps you have?
-Joe

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
I might be interested in the Lux NAV Unit.. But I dont need the rest.. let me know.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
Bought a 15800001, gps sensor, a 2007 nav cd, and a bluefusion class 2 kit.

I wanted to test the nav system. So I tore apart my dash installed the nav system, with the ignigtion off. Turned the ignition to acc, and the nav turned on, read the nav disc fine. Showed my location perfectly. Went to try the radio, no sound. Opened the door, no chimes.

For the record, I own a 04 GMC Envoy XUV with a 6 disc BOSE.

Any one have a clue whats going on?

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Bought a 15800001, gps sensor, a 2007 nav cd, and a bluefusion class 2 kit.

I wanted to test the nav system. So I tore apart my dash installed the nav system, with the ignigtion off. Turned the ignition to acc, and the nav turned on, read the nav disc fine. Showed my location perfectly. Went to try the radio, no sound. Opened the door, no chimes.

For the record, I own a 04 GMC Envoy XUV with a 6 disc BOSE.

Any one have a clue whats going on?
No sound usually means the radio doesn't match the amp. Can you PM me your VIN?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
Dont mind my VIN being public..

1GKET12P146168721

Build date on the door is 11/03

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
Wow, you are right on that cut-off. GM shows your build date as 12-8-03, so it looks like you actually needed a non-lux radio. Since you've already bought the radio, maybe you should just convert your truck to lux. I believe there are 2 360 lux amps on eBay right now. I was looking into it, but if I can hide my aftermarket amp from my old truck behind the quarter trim I'm going to go back that route.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
651 Posts
GRRRR Mother F---er... GRR!!! :bonk: :hissy: :duh: :sadcry:

Time to shop the boards for a 15800000. There is a guy on this forum selling a conversion kit. But I dont need -2- LUX radios. I need -2- NON-Lux radios (hoping to put the second one in my wifes Aztek, if I can ever figure out which one will work).

I even called the dealer. Their system shows the LUX and NON-LUX for my truck. And that was using the VIN to find the correct part. I was rather hoping for the lux system.

·
Registered
2005 chevy
23 Posts
I have 05 Trailblazer with 6 Disc Bose, onStar and XM.

Just want to double check before i go spending several hundred dollars on something that may not work LMAO and I didn't see this questions ask so here we go. LOL

Is the onStar and XM in the same connection?

And if i understand correctly i will only need a non lux Nav unit and GPS antenna correct? And the factory amp installed will work and doesn't have to be changed, correct!?!

·
Registered
2007 chevy
8 Posts
Confused & head spinning on "lux" -vs- "non-lux" amplifier

I have read, scanned, searched and maybe I missed the answer; so here's my question. I have a 2007 TBSS, with what I believe is the “non-lux” Bose factory Nav unit and amp; though not sure on the amp part.

I am planning on removing the factory Nav and replacing it with an Alpine INA-W-910 Nav head unit for better sound quality as well as wanting to add HD radio, back up camera and an old ERA-G320 sound processor.

Do I also need to remove / replace the “non-lux” factory amplifier and upgrade/ replace with the “lux amplifier”?

Or, should I simply replace the factory amp altogether? I am trying to both understand what I need to do to make it function correctly AND do it the least expensive way but retain the improved sound quality the Alpine will provide. ALL replies are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
If you're using an aftermarket radio, you just need to use an aftermarket amp and speakers.

·
Registered
2005 chevy
23 Posts
I am planning on removing the factory Nav and replacing it with an Alpine INA-W-910 Nav head unit for better sound quality as well as wanting to add HD radio, back up camera and an old ERA-G320 sound processor. [SIZE]

You going to keep the foctory stuff or you looking to maybe sell? If so PM I might be interested in taking the factory unit off your hands... if you are interested and the price is right.

361 - 380 of 402 Posts