Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I have been searching, found it once, cant find it since. I was looking for the picture on what the dimentions are for this bracket. Also, if anyone has the brakets already made I am willing to buy them off you. Thanks...

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A search for "foglight bracket" returned 47 threads. Here's a possibility. If this doesn't work for you, look at the other threads.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=40469&highlight=fog+light+bracket
Did that search. Looked through them time and time again. Unfortunately at work I cant see pics, (thanks US Government). Not really sure if this is the thread I saw at home and saw the diagram that shows what the measurements are on the bracket so I can make it myself. But any other information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
307 Posts
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
You may have already found out in the other threads, but the brackets come as part of the bumper cover on the LT. There are no "factory" brackets available, and the one guy who was selling ran out some time ago and no longer makes them. From the one post I found, not only does he not make them, but will not give out the specs on the brackets and does not want to be contacted on them. If you happen to find anyone that has "factory" style brackets, please post as they would be a big find. We can buy the lights by themselves all day, but have to fashion a bracket to make them work.
:iagree:

Yup. There are no "factory" brackets.

The stuff that is needed to attach the fog lamps to the bumper shell are built onto the fog lamps themselves.

Here is an eBay sale of a foglamp style bumper shell -- note that the holes for the fog lamps have mounting locations at the rear of the hole,not just a cut out of a standard bumper shell. These mounting locations fit the brackets that come with the fog lamps (also available on eBay, both oem and reproduction).

Light pigtails can be found in any auto salvage yard. They are common on a lot of GM vehicles with factory fog lamps.

I did this mod on my 03, and replaced the bumper shell, bought oem fog lamps, and found the pig tails at Pull-a-Part. For the rest of the wiring, I used a Mr.Headlight wiring harness that also let me run all 4 headlights, plus I wired in a switch to control the fog lamps separately from the rest of the vehicle lights. Quick and easy way to get everything working.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120498694373&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Here are a couple of pictures to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I thank you all for replying, but still no answer....I know there aren't factory brackets, I know the LT is the only model that came with the bumper that you could just mount the fog lights direct. What I don't know is the measurements of the bracket that some ppl have made themselves. I would try trial and error, but with an 8 month old, I don't have that kind of time.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is an article, from the articles section of this forum, on how to mount fog lights on an LS without mounting brackets.

http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=108

Not much figuring out to do. Just get some metal and bend it as you go.
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
ok, I know there is an article on this subject checked it, I'm not a noob, I have been on this forum for 3 and a half years, so I'm pretty sure I know what the "search" function is. And I know someone has made these brackets and took some measurements. Im sorry to sound like an a$$hole, but telling me to look in a different thread or do a search is really starting to irritate me, I have looked for a few days now, opened up every thread that has fog light in it, and cant find that picture I found once with the measurements on it. So if someone can help me please. I know I will prolly piss ppl off with this post, so I'm sorry in advance. Just sick of the same old "use the search"
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the brackets, but not with me (they are at the firehouse). I am sick as a dog now, but if I remember, I will grab them tomorrow and get what you need off of them.

Chris
:thx :thx :thx :thx :thx :thx :thx :thx :thx

I can't thank you enough. I just wish the person that was selling them a few years ago was still selling them. Hope you feel better, the bug just went thru my house.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, sorry for the delay.....Here's the #'s from my brackets. Hope they help. I am trying to find the picture that I had before I got mine that seemed to have more dimensions on it. If I dig it up I will post it here :yes: Brackets are .100" Aluminum stick

View attachment 8503

Chris
:thx :thx you ARE the man!!!!! I really appreciate it Chris :hail:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would just like to thank the forum for having these dimensions stored on it still and the search function. I have been looking for the brackets for some time now. While I wish someone would be selling them, these look extremely easy to make.

Do either of you have the distance from either bend to the center of the hole for the pig tail/socket?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good dimensions

Hey thanks for the dimensions. Ive been doing the same thing...lol Trying to find brackets for my 2006 Chevy trailblazer..Its seems like they sell Brackets for every vehicle But...the TrailBlazer.lol. With these dimensions?I ca fabricate some Brackets.One Thing i would Like to know is.Where can i get that particular Metal to Fabricate?:undecided

1 - 20 of 45 Posts