Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all. I am a newbe and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I just ourchased an 03 TB ext model loaded except dvd player. I got one off a junk yard in mint condition. When it was being uninstalled the harness was clipped from inside the headliner behind the drivers side overhead vent ducts. The harness has 3 wires(black,orange,yellow). My tb has a sunroof and 1 question is can i place the mounting bracket where it needs to be. question 2 is can anyone help me out with the wiring? What does the color code of the wires and where should i connect them. Also is it true if connected properly that while driving the dvd player wont function? Thank you any and all help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
rear dvds will function while driving

i am not sure how to intigrate it into the stock wiring

·
Registered
52 Posts
They work just fine while driving. They do not integrate with the radio or speakers at all. The sound from the DVD can only be played in the IR wireles headsets, or through the headphone ports on the DVD player. The wiring should be just for power.

I don't think the DVD player was available with the sunroof. You may have some trouble mounting it where it can be seen in the middle row.

Joe

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
:tiphatWelcome to the site, can't help with your issue but confident someone on site will ! Enjoy your ride and have a nice day!:tiphat

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dvd player

so are you able to listen to the movies while driving or is it only able to audio out through the headsets?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks to all that can help and i wanna say this site is excellent. Whoever created it good move. There was so much false info on other sites its rediculous.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
520 Posts
I have played my DVD's thru the truck's speakers. :)

The manual states this on page 3-89 as well.

Listening to a DVD
If your vehicle has the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE)
system and a DVD is playing, the DVD symbol will
appear on the radio display indicating that the DVD is
available and can be listened to through your vehicle’s
speakers. To listen to the DVD, press the TAPE
DISC button until RSE appears on the radio display.

Then again my Voy is stock w/RSE.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have played my DVD's thru the truck's speakers. :)

The manual states this on page 3-89 as well.

Listening to a DVD
If your vehicle has the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE)
system and a DVD is playing, the DVD symbol will
appear on the radio display indicating that the DVD is
available and can be listened to through your vehicle’s
speakers. To listen to the DVD, press the TAPE
DISC button until RSE appears on the radio display.

Then again my Voy is stock w/RSE.
That's an '04. The '03 manual states:
Audio Speakers
Audio from the DVD player can only be heard either
through the IR headphones or wired headphones
(not included). The sound will not come through the
vehicle’s speakers.

I have the RSE in my '03. It can not play through the radio without using an FM transmitter plugged into one of the headphone ports.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
what year did you ge tthe OEM dvd player from. My 04 has built in FM modulator i tune my radio to 88.7 push the FM button on the dvd player and oh oh oh its magic. Sound playing out of all speakers and subs makes me wish i got the pioneer deck that has DD5.1 capabilities.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
520 Posts
That's an '04. The '03 manual states:
Audio Speakers
Audio from the DVD player can only be heard either
through the IR headphones or wired headphones
(not included). The sound will not come through the
vehicle’s speakers.

I have the RSE in my '03. It can not play through the radio without using an FM transmitter plugged into one of the headphone ports.
Well wasn't that nice of GM to change that for the '04! ;)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
314 Posts
if you really wanted to you could hook a FM modulator to the head phone jack on it. Then play it through your speakers. maybe drop the flip down hook up the modulator and let the modulator it self up on top of the head liner with the little cord plugged into the head phone jack. Then when you want to use it you plug it in when you dont you unplug it. Just a thought.:m2:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would anyone be able to help me out here. I am trying to install an oem dvd player. My question is would i be able to install this unit direct to the power as well as to the radio so i can listen to the movies through the speakers. Has anyone tried this would anyone recommend this or not. Reason being i am a new owner to an 03 TB I recently got in a bad accident and totalled my explorer. Thank god I am ok but thank god I am out of that dam ford. Anyway i had a dvd player in my old truck and i connected it to the radio. The only thing is I would be using an oem dvd player and the pigtail connector has 3 wires which i cant tell which are which. Would any one be able to tell me the color codes for the wires as well as any suggestions regarding to hooking up the unit direct as oppose to the normal way of installing the unit?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got the unit off an 03 V8 model from a junkyard. I have an 03 LT EXT loaded /w sunroof but no dvd player so now i have to figure this out cause i will be taking long miserable trips on the road if i cant get this hooked up for my 3 year old who is very impatient when she is in the truck for long rides.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Did the dvd player come out of one that had a sunroof , if not the unit will be located so far back that the second row people will have a difficult time looking at it. The orange wire is constant power The yellow wire gets hooked up to something like an accy wire that is turned on with the key and the black is a ground wire. Hope this helps you out some.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts