Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone help me out here. I have the pig tail for the dvd player it has a orange wire(constant power), yellow wire(acc), black wire(ground). I am looking to get started and my question is can i run this in conjunction with the radio? If not can some guide me to wire this properly. My 03 TB LT/EXT did not come with it i have a sunroof I know i will have to work around it so it can be viewed by all passengers. a lil help please. Thanks.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Do you mean you bought the OEM DVD player and want to integrate it? The connector on the player should have had some audio outputs as well as the three wires you mentioned. A problem is going to be that the yellow wire isn't an accessory power line, it's the serial data bus. The DVD player (like most other modules in the vehicle) get constant 12V power from orange, and they're commanded to turn on and off by the serial bus. Your BCM may need to be programmed to include support for the DVD player (not sure since I never did that project) and the radio has to also support the external audio inputs.

Did you research it first before buying the OEM DVD unit? You might have been a lot better off getting an aftermarket one that wasn't so tightly integrated into the vehicle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was there when there were dimantelling it from a rollover. It seemed that when I looked at the wiring that was the only connection to the pigtail. Unless there was another by the bundled wires. I was short on cash when i seen it and thought it wouldnt be a bad idea. Its been 3 weeks now and no progress. I did some overtime and am waiting for my indash. I wanted the overhead for 3year old. Yes i am modifying my TB and I didnt think it would be so DAM complicated. I guess as the years go by the manufacturers find their ways to make our lives impossible. But as for the pigtail it only has 3 wires i have the bose single cd player. Am i screwed? Even with the new unit. I see you help alot of people out here and i am glad you responded. Please help me out anyway you can.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
What year was the rollover? My shop manual is 2004, so they might have changed the connections in later years.

Audio isn't really my specialty, so let's see if the true professionals chime in. If I had to guess, an OEM DVD unit won't even power up unless it's installed in a vehicle that knows about its existence and supports it. You might be better selling it in the classifieds or on Ebay, and buying one better suited for integration with your new indash head unit (whatever that's going to be.) DOn't forget to buy the right adapter to make your head unit work.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Wicked sorry. It's just that you tend to get what you pay for, and a $300 do-everything-in-the-world head unit like that just can't be real. You're buying from somebody in the country who put poison melamine in our dog food and their own baby's formula, and built elementary schools with substandard cement in an earthquake zone. Without a US distributor to protect yourself in case it fails. :hopeless

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know but before the purchase i checked the reviews for the product as well as the item and did'nt c anything wrong. I mean for the most part all our electrical components are made by them i thought it'll be a good idea. Plus thats all i had for a B-Day present. I'll let u know how it goes, but if you can find out anything for me regarding the oem dvd player please let me know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts