Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if an odometer has been rolled back? I just bought a used Envoy with 60K miles from a dealer that has all sorts of odd electrical problems mopre likely to be found in a car with more miles.. I'm suspicious.:mad:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
20 Posts
http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=ECL_0&vin=1GKDT13S422234827

Take a look. I don't see anything amiss.

forget it. Link didn't show up right.

Looks OK to me. I checked it out real well before buying.

03/15/2002 116 Michigan
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Pontiac, MI
Title #182N0800352 Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Registered as lease vehicle

08/23/2004 26,710 George Matick Chevrolet
Redford, MI
313-531-7100
www.matickchevy.com Seatbelts checked

09/28/2004 26,711 Auto Auction Sold at auction
in Michigan
Listed as
a fleet vehicle

Dealers routinely buy and sell millions of used vehicles at auction each year.

Purchased: 2004
Type: Personal
Where: Florida
Est. miles/year: ---
Est. length owned: 10/25/04 - present
(4 yrs. 6 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
10/25/2004 26,735 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Title #0091604842 Title issued or updated
New owner reported
Loan or lien reported

06/02/2005 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Title #0091604842 Registration issued or renewed
Registered as
personal vehicle
Loan or lien reported
Vehicle color noted as Maroon

07/05/2006 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Registered as
personal vehicle
Loan or lien reported
Vehicle color noted as Maroon

06/27/2007 Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Miami, FL
Registered as
personal vehicle

·
Registered
137 Posts
Look at the brake pedal and floor mats. Are they original? Auto lamps should last longer than your milage. Check the brake pads and rotors. Check rotors for being original GM and wear. The same for struts.
Then again you could have a bunch of low bid electrical parts.:sadcry:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Looking at the Carfax this is a 2002 and all those issues except the headlight are common to the 2002. Check to make sure the recall was done on it as the circuit boards for the tail lights were recalled. The windshield wiper motor circuit board was also a recall but was still prone to having issues after the recall as was the tail light circuit boards. The third light is also known to go out prematurely. Being that it is 7 or 8 years old this stuff is not uncommon. I bought my 2002 last August and it had 36000 miles on it and two weeks after getting it the mode door actuator went out on it. Stuff just happens.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
86 Posts
it definatally sounds computer but i would go with the simple solutions first(free) check all your grounds and all your connections if that didnt work it was only a few minutes of your time. electrical problems can stem from the weirdest places?????
:confused:

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I was reading reviews of several 360 models, all pretty much had electrical issues from 2002-2004. Some get lucky and some don't. My dad has an 2003 LT he bought new and now has 85k...not one problem with it other than normal wear/tear. I bought a 2004 Rainier a couple months ago and the A/C compressor keeps kicking off due to a bad wire that my mechanic is trying to track down. Anything is possible these days. Just last week I saw a brand new Lexus being towed due to breakdown. These things even happen to imports. Fact of life :m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Headlight out, tail light out, brake light circuit board fried, wiper pulse board shot, third brake light out..thats it so far..

Nothing stands out here as abnormal.
It stands out to you because you just bought the vehicle.
But the headlight- that may be normal. Previous owner may have put in Silverstars..
If its OEM bulb. just replace it (in pairs).
Tail lights-- normal for the 02-03's to burn the rear bulbs like crazy. there was also a recall on the boards. replace the bulb with a long life bulb... and carry a spare with you. check to see the recall was done.
Wiper board- there was a recall- water getting into the motor/electronics.
Third brake light- you should have the NEON tube version. it may be hard to find. read up on several post here of what others have done to replace their burned out units...with the newer LED types.. unless you can find a used one on ebay.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. I understand. I'm just pissed :mad: because the seller said that everything was checked out and it clearly wasn't. I flew my dear wife :coffee down there to drive it home and she (as you'd expect) just jumped in it and off she went. My fault for being gullible :bonk: and trusting a car dealer again. Never again. :nono:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts