Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

since TECORE is booting off tommorow, ima get a start on my own trip since i couldnt make it up there , i decided to keep it in state and go to the ocala nat'l forrest.. ill have some GPS maps up soon,

so far im getting equppied, just tryingto figure how to fit 2 people and all camping gear and recovery gear plus my two huskies... its a tight fit w/o a roof rack ...lol so the pics should be pretty fun to see when im all loaded up.

this is just a start up thread for when i have pics of when i get all my stuff together over the next few days, im leaving sat, afternoon or early sunday morning and wont be back till tuesday...

What GPS Should i get?????
, thats fairly inexpensive, that has good quailty that can hold tracks can upload tracks to, the reason being, i have the codes(Data) for 3 main GPS companys for my trails im gonna be riding on,

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well it was a blast going through the ocala trails... but was kinda sad, i forgot to charge my camera so i only got to take a few pics, but it was really beautiful a nd fun trip....

dont Knock on how i had packed my roof, i used my wood boards as a base(the same one i used many times to help get unstuck in the sand i do have a pic of how bad it was)

driving down the trails

it was like this the whole way

Easy Going

Then this crap with stock height and Stock tires...

it got worse

met up with some other people they sent me this pic to bad im not in it :(
but it got fun here

last pic b4 camera died
campsite

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
very nice looks like you had some fun without the rest of us!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea it was a blast, but first getting laughed at bythe jeep guys wasnt that fun but did show them up, with a relative stock 4x4, its sad though i have lost/misplaced my BDS lift, i dont know where it went hints why i went stock ... ;( but going with a group of TB woulda being awsome...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea heres my GPS maps from my delorme GPS,

i just did the south section which was 42 miles

i didnt do the north , just cause of the pipeline, its like riding in the dunes out west...i dont like all that lose sand ...

but other wise it was real fun , felt like a rally driver at time , just trying to keep the TB going forward, i wish i got a pic of this but at one time i had to connect two 15' (30')tow ropes connect then to a snatch strap and then connect that to a 20' recovery strap and then attach my come along(hand winch extended out 8 feet) and i had to use a extra chain to wrap around a tree just to pull my TB to a safe spot cause i was in a sand pit(i was close to 70 ft away from hard ground when the TB sunk) ,

needless to say it took about an hour, but that was the hardest thing, and dont worry they were all attached together via 3 1/2T D rings, i wish i had took a pic but was to frustrated with my self and my dad was nagging and moaning... a few miles down the road i met up with a bunch of jeep guys and a FJ, from that point it was a great time.

Lesson 1
dont go in a sand pit with stock tires... and know what is better to you A4WD H4WD or L4WD i was using A4wd till that point then switched to 4WDH when i got stuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts