Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked my ride up from Luke Steuver at Michigan Hemi Performance. Luke added OBX headers, attitude cam, valve springs, and a new set off push rods. (very good price BTW). Unfortunately, I had to drive it home with open headers. Very LOUD!!! And vibrating like crazy at anything but 2000 rpm. New muffler system went on over the weekend. (no muffler, just resonator). I did his on my srt8 with a max-srt cam and I love that lobe-over sound.

I got lucky as in no ticket but that was the worst white knuckle ride so far, any Leo that saw (heard) me - thank you, I owe you one!!!

Anyway, the OBX headers came out nice, fit well, but difficult to install. Lowered engine, etc. Confusingly; The O2 sensor is aligned vertically, straight down, mainly due to eliminating drive shaft interference. I closed that hole up, drilled a new one horizontally (clears the drive shaft fine) and welded a nut in place - see pictures. I couldn't drive with a vertical O2 sensor, which would be the first component hitting dirt, debris, snow or ice...

The passenger side O2 cables were too short, so I soldered in an 15" extension, heatshrunk, and sealed. There should be no issues with that right (like wrong A/F readings, running lean etc.)

FWIW,

·
Registered
2007 chevy
1,268 Posts
so how do you like the headers?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
The passenger side O2 cables were too short, so I soldered in an 15" extension, heatshrunk, and sealed. There should be no issues with that right (like wrong A/F readings, running lean etc.)
You shouldn't have a problem with false readings so long as the connections are secure. If you do find that after some time you do start to get false readings, immediatly check your extension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts