Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It sounds like a rod knocking on a roulette wheel or a card in the spokes of a bike. It does it when it warms up its worse. I can do basic work but far from a auto technician so if you guys could help me out that would be great!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
900 Posts
Your title says OBD2 reads a coil pack. Your post says nothing of this. Plus, an OBD2 CANNOT identify a bad part. Codes can only report symptoms. In this case most likely a misfire which can be caused by at least a half dozen different things.

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your title says OBD2 reads a coil pack. Your post says nothing of this. Plus, an OBD2 CANNOT identify a bad part. Codes can only report symptoms. In this case most likely a misfire which can be caused by at least a half dozen different things.
I don't know a lot about cars and dont have money to pay for somebody that does. I was just looking for help

·
Registered
900 Posts
The point here is that it could be a lot of things and if you just follow the guesses of others scattered about the web you will quickly spend a lot of money on parts that are quite likely perfectly good. There is no quick simple answer.

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding. Have you or somebody you know had a problem like this? Its winter time and i work construction man so its a bit slow definitely considering everything else thats going on.

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT EXT
403 Posts
-Is your "check engine light" ON or do you just have a knock ?

-Is your engine power reduced or does it seem OK ?

What code do you have ?

·
Registered
2003 Trailblazer
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-Is your "check engine light" ON or do you just have a knock ?

-Is your engine power reduced or does it seem OK ?

What code do you have ?
Not sure about the code but the engine seems alright it has a shudder in the idle like a plugs fouled. I havent got on it since the knock started. Oil pressures good. I just changed the oil so its still good. It seems like its kinda slipping though. Not all the time. Its an automatic but it slips a little between 3rd and D. Im not sure if that has anything to with anything though. Never did it before

·
Registered
900 Posts
and i work construction
Same same, but I am older and only work as needed. I'm what used to be called a tin knocker!

So give us the details of the vehicle, year, engine, mileage, maintenance history that you know of. These transmissions frequently go out after 150000 miles or more. Can last longer depending on the duty it has faced. I babied mine although I frequently towed to about 210000 before it had to be rebuilt.

A lot of noises can be heard. Any way you can record a video that captures it from different listening points and throw it up on youtube then post us a link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts