Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - Hoping someone can help. I searched the boards but no luck, and also if this is the wrong section to post in, i apologize.

2006 Trailblazer SS (3SS). About 37,000 miles. Check enginge light came on the other day. Grabbed a friends ODBII Scanne'r (Actron CP9135).

Turn the keys to ON with the scanner plugged in, hit "read" the scanner attempts to link and then I get a "Link Error" message. Tried the key in different positions, no luck.

Anyone heard of this before? Any suggestions? I figure it's not a fuse because the Scanner is powered on and everything...i'm all out of ideas.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Are you positive that the scanner pulls its power from the OBD 2 port? It could have its own internal power supply. The cigar lighter fuse is generally the culprit in these situations..

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
826 Posts
found someone talking about this on another site,

Some update from Actron:
CP9135
__________________________________________________ _________________
This software (Software ID: 0d72) tells me that your tool is not CAN compatible, CAN (controller area network) is a faster talking language used on new vehicles. It was not mandated until 2008 by the government, but some manufacturers started as early as 2003 and a few more each year leading up to 2008. There is no update for this tool because it is not cost effective, so the replacement tool is a CP9175.

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
__________________________________________________ _________________
This software (Software ID: 0d72) tells me that your tool is not CAN compatible, CAN (controller area network) is a faster talking language used on new vehicles. It was not mandated until 2008 by the government, but some manufacturers started as early as 2003 and a few more each year leading up to 2008. There is no update for this tool because it is not cost effective, so the replacement tool is a CP9175.
Thanks for the info. I had wondered if the tool was upgradable. I figured it probably wasn't...or at least the manufacturer was going to say it wasn't. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
826 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had wondered if the tool was upgradable. I figured it probably wasn't...or at least the manufacturer was going to say it wasn't. :rolleyes:
Thats what they said about the ''Actron CP9135'' when you get the "Link Error" But who would of thought GM would have updated the ''CAN '' before 2008:hahano:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts