Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is Car related and not meant to start a political war.... play nice!

In a move sure to spark outrage, the White House announced today that GM and Chrysler must cease participation in NASCAR at the end of the 2009 season if they hope to receive any additional financial aid from the government. Companies around the globe—Honda and Audi, to name two—have drawn down racing operations, and NASCAR itself has already felt the pinch in the form of reduced team spending. A complete withdrawal from America’s premier racing series is expected to save more than $250 million between GM and Chrysler, a substantial amount considering the drastic measures being implemented elsewhere........

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rs_chevrolet_and_dodge_out_of_nascar_car_news

Getting conflicting reports that this MAY be an April fools joke, but no concrete evidence either way....I will be watching this very closely though!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
330 Posts
WHAT? ARE YOU F'ING KIDDING ME?

What a load of crap. This is stupid. This news isn't going to go nicely.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Wow.........I don't even watch NASCAR and that's just mindblowing...........hopefully it doesn't go that route..........or their is another alternative in the matter!!

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
350 Posts
thats retarded...it doesn't make a lick of sense...didn't nascar start with ford dodge/plymouth and chevy? I mean come on..thats what makes nascar..nascar

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
chevy and chrysler supporting nascar are the same as them buying a billboard or putting a commercial on tv... its advetising and creates brand loyalty, plus nascar is a huge thing in parts of the country and therefore an economy booster... if you cut the american companies from nascar, you cut nascar! i may not be a huge fan but i respect it alot and have alot of friends that race in sub divisions or watch it alot

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am at a loss for words really.... I honestly do not know what to say after I read that....:worried:
This is going to end nascar. Ford and Toyota? What about Hendrick Motorsports, who have driven nothing but Chevys, Rick Hendrick is nothing but a Chevy Man. There is no way this is going to happen. I'm so mad.
:hissy::hissy::hissy:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hmmm so I did some searching... apparently this MAY be a April fools joke... but I havent seen anything concrete about it being one....If it is, I wish I can up with the idea... if it isnt....well.....
Yeah me too, I checked nascar.com, autoblog, autoracingsport, msnbc. This could be a cruel april fools joke.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
835 Posts
I hope it's a Joke. If it's not I wonder how long til Nascar becomes part of Formula One

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
I will not watch if they pull GM out.....Cause that means I'll have to see a Toyota win all the time......wait, we did that most of last season, right?? What's that clowns name?? Uhhhh.........Kyle Douche?? Oh, wait.....Bush....I mean Busch.....like the beer, only gay.....er.....I'll stop now....

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I will not watch if they pull GM out.....Cause that means I'll have to see a Toyota win all the time......wait, we did that most of last season, right?? What's that clowns name?? Uhhhh.........Kyle Douche?? Oh, wait.....Bush....I mean Busch.....like the beer, only gay.....er.....I'll stop now....
:crackup:

I totally agree with you. Not a fan of him. :suicide:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
This is pretty much standard good business practice - when sales drop, one needs to STOP all advertising and promotions.

Oh no ... wait a moment ...

It's the OPPOSITE of good business practice!

I wonder who the rocket scientist is that advised him on this bone-headed move!

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
yet another winning stunt from obama :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
89 Posts
Who voted for this yahoo? He knows as much about business as I do about being a doctor. Maybe he's mad cause Chicago didn't get a 2nd race?

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
I really really hope its not true .. To me, cutting them out of NASCAR is jsut about as bad as letting them go out of business all together .. so many other jobs would be lost not to mention the decline in revenue for hotels, resturants, souviners, etc .. please let this be a joke ..

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,531 Posts
I really really hope its not true .. To me, cutting them out of NASCAR is jsut about as bad as letting them go out of business all together .. so many other jobs would be lost not to mention the decline in revenue for hotels, resturants, souviners, etc .. please let this be a joke ..
:iagree: I hope this is a joke. Has anyone ever seen a NASCAR race that wasn't sold out. Each race brings in a lot of money to the economy. If this is true, here is one of the reasons why he shouldn't have been elected

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
32 Posts
Did anyone read tothe bottom of the article???

"NASCAR officials remain tight-lipped about the call, but sources say series president Mike Helton and team managers are exploring several options, including other manufacturers to fill Chevrolet and Dodge’s vacated positions. Given the company’s recent interest in motorsport and the steady cash-flow and V-8 engine provided by its new Genesis sedan, sources indicate that NASCAR is pinging Hyundai to gauge the Korean company’s interest in occupying a spot in NASCAR. “Toyota was not well-received their first year in the sport, nor was their first season an easy one,” the source says. “But they learned, they applied the lessons, and they have proven very competitive this year.”

If Hyundai does indeed join the series, there will no doubt be a steep learning curve, and the move would leave Ford the lone domestic battling a pair of Asian makes in America’s most popular racing series. We wonder, however, how long NASCAR could hold that title without two of its most storied participants."

Anyone still think this is NOT a joke... Hyundai to replace Chevy...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts