Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm a new member, but have used this sight several times for solutions so maybe someone can me help me here.

I have an '04 TB, v6 and the p0130 and p0133 codes came up yesterday. So I bought a new o2 sensor and got the sensor wrech set from Auto Zone. The thing would not budge so I bought some bp blaster, let it sit for a while and still no movement. Now, I'm concerned the sensor is stating to round off.

I'm open to nearly all solutions, except for using a torch. I don't trust myself, I would probably kill myself along with half the block some way or another.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
Get it heated up, either propane torch or run the vehicle for while. I don't see how the wrench is rounding out the sensor, it is a socket, unless you bought the short socket and not the longer one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sockets are on loan from Auto Zone. The first one the head continued to move because it was on a pivot, the second is a three piece socket attachment set. I bought a 1/2 driver for one of the attachments, but it has not helped too much.

I tried to run the vehicle for a while, but to not have helped.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
The sockets are on loan from Auto Zone. The first one the head continued to move because it was on a pivot, the second is a three piece socket attachment set. I bought a 1/2 driver for one of the attachments, but it has not helped too much.

I tried to run the vehicle for a while, but to not have helped.
Coat the sucker with the PB blaster and let it do its work overnight and that should help.

I always precoat my bolts with PB Blaster before I due any work... Especially exhaust parts cause they can get rusted in place and the heat cycles really can lock them in...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coat the sucker with the PB blaster and let it do its work overnight and that should help.

I always precoat my bolts with PB Blaster before I due any work... Especially exhaust parts cause they can get rusted in place and the heat cycles really can lock them in...
If I were to soak them overnight, go to work in the morning, then come back to work on the sensor in the afternoon, would the pb blaster loose any effect since it had been driven?

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Only use the pipe wrench as a last resort.:m2: If you have a set of "box" wrenches, feed the sensor wire through the hole end, then use the next size down over the open end to give you more leverage. This may help.:m2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do that then use a pipe wrench. As far as access, the TB O2 sensor is very easy to get too.
Actually, I'm surprised how easy it is to get to the o2 sensor, but unfortunatley the thing won't budge. I'm going to try the spray one last time and have it sit over night, then I'll break out the pipe wrench if the spray does not work again. However, I'll probably wait a few days so in case I break it off I will have a couple days to get it fixed before going back to work.

Just out of curiosity, are the sensors eays to break off?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
wow, sorry to hear youre having so much trouble.
You must be in the rust belt.... and all that salt has helped rust it in place...
When I changed mine-- it was very easy to remove and put in...
It was so easy that I had more trouble removing the clip for the electrical connection.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
On other thing to try: Once the truck is up to full temp. Take a can of canned air (make sure it is nonflammable), turn it up-side down and spray the O2 sensor. The sudden cold shock may loosen the rust. I believe CRC also makes a freezing spray that does the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts