Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this actually isn't a question about my TB but since there are some really smart guys here i thought maybe you could help me out. my girlfriend has a 2002 chevy cav. 2.2L. the check engine light comes and goes, so I scanned it and found out the O2 sensor is bad. the thing is, these have a sensor before and after the cat. i'm not sure if the TB's do as well, but anyways, how do I know which one is bad? thanks for your help guys, and hey..at least its a chevy!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was bank 1 sensor 1. front of the cat. thanks a lot for the help! when it comes to changing the sensor i'm assuming i just take it out and replace it, and snap the new harness in?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after investigating more, i found this

What is Bank 1 and Bank 2?
There are a number of OBD-II trouble codes that refer to either Bank 1 or Bank 2. There are conflicting messages on Bank 1 versus Bank 2, so we're trying to set the record straight.

Quite simply, Bank 1 refers to the side of the engine that has the #1 cylinder. Bank 2 is the opposite side of the engine.

It's not correct to simply state that driver's side is always cylinder #1 or vice versa. Even on cars with a tranverse mounted engine, bank #1 is referring to downstream from the side of the engine with cylinder #1.

http://www.obd-codes.com/faq/what-is-bank-1-and-bank-2.php

i'm assuming bank 1 is downstream or after the cat?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,671 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was thinking that if it the check engine light is going on and off maybe this is a wiring issue. is there a way to check if the wiring is bad with a meter? or is it possible to test to see if the sensor is still good?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.