Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My name is Dean, I'm 64 years old, and live in Norfolk VA. I have a 2004 Envoy SLT with 4.2 Vortec and rear air bags. I'm the second owner, and it is still in pretty good shape, It's my daily driver and I pull my boat to and from the landing.馃殭

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! I really like mine too, but I'm having a problem with the suspension right now.

Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
The rear air bags? I have no personal experience with them, but from what I've read here they can be problematic.

Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
Welcome to the forum sir. Post some pictures of your truck

Registered
2008 Trailblazer LT
Hello All,

My name is Dean, I'm 64 years old, and live in Norfolk VA. I have a 2004 Envoy SLT with 4.2 Vortec and rear air bags. I'm the second owner, and it is still in pretty good shape, It's my daily driver and I pull my boat to and from the landing.馃殭
Welcome to the forum Dean..I will turn 65 this Thursday..i just bought a 2008 trailblazer and i love it..btw i spent 8 years in Virginia Beach..i sure miss it at times..I just need a boat to tow..looking for a camper to tow now

Registered
Thanks for the welcome! I really like mine too, but I'm having a problem with the suspension right now.
Greetings: I understand you have a problem. Well here are a couple of options. 1. You can do a spring conversion kit job or 2. Go to ebay.com or RockAuto.com and pay for a new rear suspension parts kit. Most people I know OP for the spring conversion and install BILstein shocks. Look up eBay item number:

Hope this helps.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Greetings: I understand you have a problem. Well here are a couple of options. 1. You can do a spring conversion kit job or 2. Go to ebay.com or RockAuto.com and pay for a new rear suspension parts kit. Most people I know OP for the spring conversion and install BILstein shocks. Look up eBay item number:

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your response. I ordered this last night, and I installed new Bilstein shocks a couple years ago.

Registered
Thanks for your response. I ordered this last night, and I installed new Bilstein shocks a couple years ago.

View attachment 56439
Yeah that should solve your problem. I know many of my friends who had Trail Blazers with the Goodyear air suspension system we're having problems and we did the conversion kit and I never had any more problems after that. Now I understand you may have to get an alignment to keep the geometry on your truck true so keep this in mind.

Good luck with your project and be careful make sure you use good jacks I keep the wheels from Rolling stay safe.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah that should solve your problem. I know many of my friends who had Trail Blazers with the Goodyear air suspension system we're having problems and we did the conversion kit and I never had any more problems after that. Now I understand you may have to get an alignment to keep the geometry on your truck true so keep this in mind.

Good luck with your project and be careful make sure you use good jacks I keep the wheels from Rolling stay safe.
I was pinned under cars a couple times as a stupid teenager, I no longer take chances with my safety :oops: Have you replaced the rear bump stops? If so, do you have a good part number? The stuff on the web is confusingo_O

Registered
The two websites that I've had very good luck with for parts for my Chevy Trailblazer were both rockauto.com as well as eBay I really don't do Amazon it's just overrated. Now on occasion I may even check with junkyards where there's a broken Trailblazer that's in pretty good shape where the bump stops could be located on the cheap.....

I would start with eBay first and in the filters Click buy now and free shipping to cut your costs down.

Registered
Engine swap is nice idea but its asking for a major headaches. I do agree the 5.3 is far superior, though. Cant have it both ways, the 鈥渢ank鈥 is for convenience and utilitarian purposes - not speed.
I understand your viewpoint however I own a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT LS with a 5.3 liter naturally-aspirated engine. I've used my Trailblazer from everything from every day driving to plowing the driveway to doing snow removal it has served me well for the many years that I've owned it it's very good on gas because of the active fuel management system and unlike the six-cylinder I have the power to pull and tow.

On PowerNation which you can see the video on YouTube they did a budget build 5.3 L LS engine from a junkyard with a few modifications we're able to put it back into an SUV. Something you may also want to consider is getting a 5.3 L from a Silverado which is basically the same set up get the one that's Flex Fuel and you have the best of both worlds. One of the things they did when they manufactured my Trailblazer at the Oklahoma plant they made a mistake and put a flex fuel engine in it that was originally for a Silverado this engine save the day during Hurricane Sandy because when people were looking for gas over here in the tri-state area of New York I was able to use ethanol to get around

Registered
I suppose it is do-able, but still far easier to find one already with it. Unfortunately, the vast majority have I-6鈥檚. They still have decent 5000lb towing ability.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts