Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what numbers am I looking for inside glovebox to clue me in to what diff I have? Then what do I do with numbers? Thanx.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Go to the resources section (top right side) select RPO codes and look for you model year etc. I just did mine this week.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
G80 is a desirable option if you need locking rear differential action. Only you know if you drive in those conditions.

The three possible gear ratio numbers are nothing you can "do with" if you mean change out for little money. They can make you feel good or bad about the vehicle you bought, but again, which one is "good" or "bad" for YOUR specific situation depends entirely on what that situation is. We don't know that.

If there was ONE BEST ratio, GM would have put it in for everybody and there would have been no choice.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to tow.Went from a 36' fifth wheel weighing 13,000 lbs to looking for a small lightweight I can pull w/TB. Need to see which rear I have.. Thanx.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
4.10 is "best" for towing, but all the ratios have a tow rating that's more than enough for a lightweight. We tow a Trailmanor - a unique hard-sided popup that adds very little wind resistance behind the Envoy.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
what numbers am I looking for inside glovebox to clue me in to what diff I have? Then what do I do with numbers? Thanx.
Do you mean: How to decipher what they stand for? See post #2. There is a full list in the RPO codes section. There are three axle ratio codes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.