Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I was directed here, once again, after a Google search for the issue I am having with my '04 Trailblazer LS EXT. Dies in reverse sometimes, dies at lights sometimes...basically when the idle is really low. Threw up codes (I don't remember them all) ranging anywhere from oil change to EMU to get a new engine. I read another post where a guy had his PCM replaced to the shade of $1200 and I want to avoid that...(we do any repairs we can manage at home anyway, but I understand the PCM would need to be coded after installation). Anyone else have this problem with their TB dying at low idles that was solved by the ignition switch? The truck doesn't give off any lights or warning before dying, just dies and usually restarts right away. Should I replace the ignition switch since it is a fairly inexpensive option or would I damage a new switch if the problem lies in the PCM?:confused:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,567 Posts
First thing to do is a thorough cleaning of the throttle body (make sure to clean front and back sides). Disconnect the battery or pull the PCM fuses (#10 & 28 in underhood fuse box) for about 30 minutes while doing the cleaning. This will reset the PCM.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts