Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having the same issues everyone else seems to be having but with a slight variable. I have an 03 trailblazer lt ext and the rear speakers do not work. I did notice the other day that the back left turn on for a short amount of time. So I pulled the speaker today and reconnected it, I found a very minimal amount of water in the door but not enough to ruin a speaker. Also I do have a rear entertainment system but I do not believe it is stock. It's an audiovox screen with dvd player under the seat and it has a toggle switch in dash that runs to some kind off antenna mod that runs to the screen. Please help I can't seem to figure this out.

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
11 Posts
Might be a short in the wiring. The wiring running under the rear seat is known to get pinched and short out. With the age of your vehicle, it's possible that the wiring has worn all the way through which could explain the right door having no sound and the left door only occasionally. I'd look over the wiring and see if that's it. If it's not, I don't know what else to say. Good luck!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
1 Posts
I had the same issue myself. A bit of water in the left door which the speaker worked once and a while. the right rear door the speaker didn't work at all. I have replaced both speakers in the rear doors and they work perfectly now.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
8 Posts
I just replace all 4 speakers in my 2008 TB with Pioneer 4-ways with no problem used the Metra connections and put each in the closed foam speaker baffles to protect them from outside moisture. Also I did not have an amplifier to worry about, the only speakers working for me were the two front tweeters. Just be very careful pulling the bezels off they are very easy to break the locking tangs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.