Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 tb Lt, last week it started running really rough. It's like the transmission won't keep up with the engine. Especially up hill, it struggles to rev up like it should. It will not get up and go. I had three codes show up. P0420 p0496 and p0014. Now a lot of ppl that had the code p0014 seemed to be having the same problems as me, and most solutions led to the vvt soleniod. Well, I had it replaced this morning and still having same problem. The 0420 code has to do with the emmisions, and as for the 0496, the only symptom I have of that is hesitation after filling up the tank(I think). So my question is what are some other options based on these codes that I have gotten?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
You probably should have your exhaust back pressure checked, you may have a clogged catalytic converter. What is your mileage? What is the engine temperature after warm-up?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My engine temp is normal. No problems there. Like I said it's just struggling. I can't get up and go like normal. It's get worse as I go up hill, but even on a flat road it struggles. My mileage is 117,282

1 - 5 of 5 Posts