Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please Help!!!! Ready to bang my head against a wall. I have 4.2L 2008 Trailblazer with auto climate control. Blower stopped blowing at any speed. Took a Voltmeter and tested the pigtail end of the control/resistor and gradual turn up the fan speed. Shows correct voltage and raises to around 13.5 volts at max speed with vehicle running. I assumed since there was voltage going to the blower motor but the fan didn't spin it was the motor. Replaced motor still no go. Took older motor and jump wires directly from battery to the pos/neg terminals of the old motor and boom the old motor spins up. Then took the jumper wires and put them in the pigtail from the resistor checked for voltage and again proper voltage that rises when I turn the fan speed up. So it then took the old motor and touched the jump wires to the old fan just as i did with the battery and no love. How is it possible, when it is showing 13+ volts coming from the control to the motor and yet the motor won't spin? The motor has two wires pos/neg that's it! No additional ground. The voltmeter show 13+ volts what could possibly be causing this? Any help is truly appreciated!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
88 Posts
Did you check your blower motor resistor?

Mine is a manual and mine stopped blowing in position 5 but worked in all the other positions...They tend to go out

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Check the voltage at the pigtail when it is plugged into the blower motor. It probably won't show 13.5 volts, It'll be almost zero. Blower motor control module is probably faulty.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts