Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member here and I am kind of clueless when it comes to cars.

I have a problem with power steering fluid leaking from appears to be called the tie rods or the lines. I am not sure which. I can take a picture and post it here if need be. I just know where the source of the leak is, which is on the driver side.

I called up some auto repair shops and they are telling me they need to replace this and that for 900 somethin' dollars :crazy:...when all that I seem to see from what I read on Yahoo Answers is a damaged seal/o-ring that needs to be replaced, but I don't know how to go about doing that.

Can anybody tell me what I would need to do to fix it myself and what tools I would need?

Money is tight and I cannot spend more than $500 just to replace a rubber seal.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
4 Posts
Power Steering Line Replacement

See this thread:

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=82386

I just completed replacing my lines. RockAuto has the best price on new lines and be sure to get the pressure line with the new alternative design. It is a very tough job because there is very little clearance to get at these lines. You will need a good set of mechanics tools, sockets, extensions, a jack and jack stands, and a good place to work. Small LED work lights are helpful. It take lots of patience and time. A lift would make it easier LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts