Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,483 Posts
Is it bad to actually want that to happen? I have a few scratches & door dings that I would love for someone else's insurance to pay for...:rotfl:

Seriously though, glad it wasn't too bad, and nobody was injured :grouphug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it bad to actually want that to happen? I have a few scratches & door dings that I would love for someone else's insurance to pay for...:rotfl:

hahaha well sadly enough it had a few door dings and some nicks from rocks on the front fender as well. It does suck but atleast it still drives fine, now the waiting game happens.

·
Registered
694 Posts
How do you change lanes into somebody especially with a vehicle as large as ours? I could see if it was a semi and you were in his blind spot, but a mustang? Sounds like somebody needs to go to driving school! :hissy:

But like you said at least it wasnt your fault. Sorry it happened though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so brought the TB into the shop today and got called 2 hours later, $3600 worth of damage, and its apart and they ordered new parts and i should have it back by the weekend yay. Also got a "decent" rental, decent because my last rental from enterprise was a pt cruiser. Got a Heep Wrangler which i might add is pretty fun to drive and the seats feel better then the TB's :(.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
its a little hard to tell the damage...
but from the looks in the pics--- and $3600...
I would....
keep the $3600.
Remove the white stuff--- and maybe find a replacement trim piece- (cheaply) or remove the one on the pass door.
Then simply try to conceal the damage as much as possible- touch up paint.. and call it a day...
Save the $3600 to pay down your loan- or for future use...

·
Registered
22 Posts
its a little hard to tell the damage...
but from the looks in the pics--- and $3600...
I would....
keep the $3600.
Remove the white stuff--- and maybe find a replacement trim piece- (cheaply) or remove the one on the pass door.
Then simply try to conceal the damage as much as possible- touch up paint.. and call it a day...
Save the $3600 to pay down your loan- or for future use...
Glad nobody was hurt.

3600 for two doors and a fender...holy crap...thats a body shop you only go to if insurance is paying the bill...it didnt even break the mirror...could get the whole thing painted around here for that money.

i would also keep the 3600 check and try finding a yard that has those parts in your color and bolt them on yourself...take the rest and buy some wheels or something

good luck with it

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
:iagree::iagree: I would pocket the cash and find some parts at a local yard or hit car-parts.com def cheaper and would leave you some MOD money!!

·
Registered
290 Posts

:crackup: go to wall mart and push a shopping cart into it. Then go inside for abit :woohoo:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
parts add up, ever price out a fender/bumper cover/doors from a dealer? then add on paint to match it and labor, its not that far off. Im not footing the bill their insurance is. Front fender rubs on the door opening up mmmmmm lol.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That almost happened to me today . . . The guy kept going to fast and spun out and wrecked mommy and dadys Hyundai. Then got an earful from me!!:hissy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts