Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner, new to the forum, thanks for such a great resource in my month of ownership I have been here more then expected, thanks all. I purchased a 05 with a 5.3, 152k, she's in good shape just got a few ghost. I'm using as the family outdoors wagon (4kids needed the third row). Put exhaust and a 3" lift kit for some ground clearance but have come across a few issues.

Currently main concern:

The 4x4 is not engaging - I have looked at everything. The actuators all work properly, I took apart the disconnect- the fork, gears, and bearings and all looked fine. Put everything back together and it will only engage if I turn to the right. What do u guys think. Also got an issue with intermittent REP mode but that is for another post.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,415 Posts
If the successful engagement of the front drive is dependent on steering to the right, I would have to assume the disconnect is binding and not allowing the gears to mesh. Not sure how you can attack that, but maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been all thru this thing again it's gotta be from the lift or UCA flip putting just enough extra pressure in the disconnect that she is not engaging. There is a little wear on the main gear in the disconnect but did not think it was an issue. Guess I'm going to look into some new internals for the disconnect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts