Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
chevy
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the locals say here...Marhaban!(Hello..sort of).

I am deployed to Iraq and separated from my family and my (wife's) truck! What a way to spend a X-mas! :(

Anyway, It is the prettiest Indigo Blue Metallic EXT, w/ the I6. Just after I left for deployment, I had my wife put some Falken tires on, replacing those crappy Continentals. She said it was like it was a whole new truck...wish I was there to share the moment. But it's all good.

So I get to my destination in Iraq and what to see zipping about but droves of Trailvoys! All colors! Short bodies only. I was tickled to see the odd armored Trailvoys...Yes, armored. I have talked to the mechanics who service most of them and it turns out they can't really handle the extra weight and the suspension joints wear out pretty regularly.

Drop me a line if you care to.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
That's wild. Sorry you're away from you family for the holidays! AND the TB! :) Thanks for all you're doing! Please stay safe!

·
Registered
chevy
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

So far so good...I'm keeping my head down and staying cool...having an armored Suburban helps;)

·
Registered
2006 chevy
89 Posts
Well Keep that head down and please return safely, I cannot thank you and everyone deployed enough for your services. I wish you the happiest of hollidays and a happy new year. If you can, "not breaching any laws or regulations" snap a few pics of the armored TV, that would be a definite sight to see. :thx

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
142 Posts
I almost killed someone one time by losing control in one of those armored TB's. My own TB is so much lighter and easier to drive! It was kind of funny after the fact though, because all these people were starring at us and must have been thinking "dumbass Americans!"

Anyway, be safe over there and laugh as much as you can. It's the only thing that makes it worth while.

OH and I'm sure we'd all love to see some pictures of these tricked out toys! Especially us off-road types! I don't think many of us are gonna line our doors with steel plates covered in Kevlar, and replace our windows with ballistic plastic.... but tis still cool to look at. :D

As the locals say here...Marhaban!(Hello..sort of).

I am deployed to Iraq and separated from my family and my (wife's) truck! What a way to spend a X-mas! :(

Anyway, It is the prettiest Indigo Blue Metallic EXT, w/ the I6. Just after I left for deployment, I had my wife put some Falken tires on, replacing those crappy Continentals. She said it was like it was a whole new truck...wish I was there to share the moment. But it's all good.

So I get to my destination in Iraq and what to see zipping about but droves of Trailvoys! All colors! Short bodies only. I was tickled to see the odd armored Trailvoys...Yes, armored. I have talked to the mechanics who service most of them and it turns out they can't really handle the extra weight and the suspension joints wear out pretty regularly.

Drop me a line if you care to.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat and thank you.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Welcome. Great to have you.

I think some pics would be great. I go to some foreclosed houses in some neighborhoods that I would love to be armored for.

·
Registered
chevy
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll do what I can to oblige with some sanitized armored TV pictures. Any recommendations regarding what picture sizes and resolutions work best on this forum?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts