Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i own a 2002 trailblazer 4x4 and am wanting to lift it, after many denials by local mechanics saying it was not possible, i found trailvoy today via jamesdownings website!! He has great info on there my question is can i fit 32" or 33" bfgoodrich mt km t/a's on stock 17" rim with the bds suspension lift kit and 1.5" wheel spacers from wheeladapter.com only?? Or do i need anything else to accomplish the lift? Or is there any other options out there?? I am willing to trim and cut a little bit if needed to fit the tires?? I just want to be able to off-road to be able to get back in the mtns. To some good campsites and have the off-road look too also, i love markmc and jamesdowning trailblazers, would like to accomplish that eventually but for now just wanting to get lift and tires on it. Please help looking for any info. I can get on how to make this a off-roadable tb, thanks!!!

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
93 Posts
Have a read here: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=33809

For 32", you need wheel spacers, possible cutting and hammering

For 33", you need new wheels, wheel spacers, suspension and body lifts, cutting and hammering.

By the looks of the guide, you might be able to get away with a suspension lift and wheel spacers to fit 32". Some have done it without having to cut/hammer.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
do i need the z71 shocks/springs? Do i need bilstein shocks? Or will the bds sus. Lift kit and the wheel spacers do the job??
You do not NEED the z71 springs, nor the shocks.

Shocks just make sense because they aren't very expensive and really help to improve the vehicle ride, especially in bumpy situations. The rear springs increase your load capacity, so if you plan to carry any camping equipment with you to those offroad campsites, I'd recommend the springs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think i have decided to go with Mark's suspension kit w/ Bilstein HD shocks and monroe replacement mounts on the front, the z71 shocks and struts on rear, 1.5" wheel spacers. i am hoping to fit 285/75 16 MT's im sure i will have to do some trimming, and then as soon as Mark comes out with a compatible body lift i will add that and hopefully fit 35" tires
any opinions appreciated thanks for all the info and help!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
this seems to be an interesting topic..the suspense...lol

does anybody know when your supposed to get your enlistment bonus from the army? before or after basic/ait...

that kind've decides when i lift and everything else.

also mine doesnt have the G80 locker

what would it take to get one?

i have most of that bonus ill be able to send

:hijacked:eek:fftopic:

p.s.

congrats on the 9400th post roadie

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
269 Posts
i am hoping to fit 285/75 16 MT's im sure i will have to do some trimming
285/75/16 is too wide for your stock 16x7 in wheel. if they do fit, you'll most likely have horrible wear down the center of your tire. most tire manufacturers recommend a minimum of a 16x7.5 in wheel for a 285/75/16. Stick to 265/75/16 if you're not planning on getting wider wheels. :m2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
wheels

285/75/16 is too wide for your stock 16x7 in wheel. if they do fit, you'll most likely have horrible wear down the center of your tire. most tire manufacturers recommend a minimum of a 16x7.5 in wheel for a 285/75/16. Stick to 265/75/16 if you're not planning on getting wider wheels. :m2:
yea i know if i stick with stock rims i will go with 265-275 but if i can fit 285 i will by rims to accomodate the bigger tire, just uncertain whether i can fit 285 with markmc lift, bilstein hd front, z71 rear and trimming of course??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i know if i stick with stock rims i will go with 265-275 but if i can fit 285 i will by rims to accomodate the bigger tire, just uncertain whether i can fit 285 with markmc lift, bilstein hd front, z71 rear and trimming of course??
i was thinking they may be a bit snug now but once i add in the body lift should fit fine?? any opinions?? :confused: thanks guys!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Snug might mean you bend your fenders in turns when you get full suspension compression. If this means anything to you cosmetically, you might want to wait. If bent metal doesn't bother you - carry on! :thumbsup:

I respect folks who don't care about bending metal. :tiphat

1 - 20 of 58 Posts