Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, well just got our new(to us) 2002 Trailblazer LTZ from the mother-in-law. It is completely stock. The first thing to do is work on getting the MPG up a little bit due to a very long trip. I am being reassigned to Fort Richardson, AK. This will be a 70 hour, 4000 mile trip in about 13 days. Anyway I am not a big SUV kinda guy I like my sports cars, but when I drove this vehicle I was a very nice and smooth ride for a 02 that has 95,000 miles on it. The wife wants a touch screen flip-out, Ipod player. and I want a sound system. so i have a lot of work ahead of me. This LTZ is maxed out with luxury, I'm talk leather everywhere, 2WD, AWD, 4 hi and 4 Lo. heat seats, separate radio for the back. It is being tossed around that he grandmother might give us her 2004 Trailblazer LS. Of course the 04 will be mine so I can pretty much do want I want with it(if we get it). I also have a 1998 Chevy Monte Carlo whuch when I get back from deployment I have two options.

1) fix it up and make it my own
2) get rid of it and buy a different vehicle(possibly a CTS(Stick shift), STS or a Mustang)

I hope that this sight can give input on what type of audio to go with, and the best bang..well boom for my buck. hope to talk with you guys soon.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Welcome! :tiphat

Well your not that much of a noob if you know what that term means :laugh:

The first thing I would do is a throttle body cleaning and a seafoam treatment on the engine. Just did both to mine and my gas mileage increased about 3-4 MPG. There are sticky's on both if you do a forum search you should have no problems.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat And thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm only a noob to the site. I love to work on vehicles, my last job for my unit was fleet manager. I loved having the job because it allowed me to work on 06-07 impala's the 9C1 package. I have learned even more about vehicles doing the job than just working on my own vehicles. wooulf love the pic. I will be putting a pic of my huskey up. just a little back ground on me I have been serving in he U.S. Army for almost seven years and have been deployed twice to Iraq. I hope to pick everyone's brain about the vehicle so i can do most of the work my self.

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,353 Posts
Welcome to the Site!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts