Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my LED's for my side mirrors from Mike @ Jettstream (Thanks Mike, they're great!!) and replaced the passengers side with no problems. The drivers side torx screw on the other hand, decided life was too hard and committed suicide by breaking off below the head. :bonk: Fine thought I, I'll just drill it out, run to the autoparts store and get another Torx screw...right.

Advance Auto...no, Auto Zone...no, Grainger Supply...have Torx screws but don't carry the ones for plastic, Sherrin Williams Automotive...used to carry them but not any more, local dealer...this is a non serviceable part and you have to buy the entire mirror to get the screw...$271.XX for a bloody screw, you've been drinking!! I said I'd go to Fastenal and see if they had anything, actually, said the s-parts man, that's where we'd go.

So, after running around I end up at Fastenal, no we don't have that type of Torx screw, have you got anything that will work?, yes, $0.22 each. Thanks, I'll take two. Ok, we have to order them in cause it's not something we stock at any of the stores and it'll cost you $4.40 for the shipping. :hissy: Just get it you peanut...I pick it up on Monday.

Non serviceable, what a joke. Don't you think that the screw would be somewhat exposed to the elements and would eventually break necessitating replacement and you would actually sell that tiny but needed part separately?

OK, rant over.

Matt

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
If it helps any, I'm looking for a battery designated as CR-1/3N.
Its a small battery used in cameras mostly. We also happen to use
it at the hospital for our timeclocks.

Radio Shack - someone bought ALL of them about 20 mins before I arrived... :mad:

No ETA for more since Radio Shack changed part numbers and the new number is back ordered. :mad:

Also hit 5 different pharmacies and Walmart.. Nobody has this damn thing.. :mad:

Online, the 1st 4 sites I've checked are out of stock.. :mad:

Its a damn 3 dollar battery.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *pop*...

:crazy:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
If it helps any, I'm looking for a battery designated as CR-1/3N.
Its a small battery used in cameras mostly. We also happen to use
it at the hospital for our timeclocks.

Radio Shack - someone bought ALL of them about 20 mins before I arrived... :mad:

No ETA for more since Radio Shack changed part numbers and the new number is back ordered. :mad:

Also hit 5 different pharmacies and Walmart.. Nobody has this damn thing.. :mad:

Online, the 1st 4 sites I've checked are out of stock.. :mad:

Its a damn 3 dollar battery.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *pop*...

:crazy:
http://www.mybatterymart.com/products/evergreen-cr1-3n-2l76-k58l-dl1-3n-5018lc-3v-lithium-battery?landing=true&gclid=CL7kzrHx7psCFZJM5Qod3xj5-w

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So, after running around I end up at Fastenal, no we don't have that type of Torx screw, have you got anything that will work?, yes, $0.22 each. Thanks, I'll take two.
why would you replace it with a torx screw?? you know you can just get the same size in a phillips head and just replace both and now you dont need to go searching for a torx bit to get it out
Majestic...that's exactly what I did...but they have to be ordered in. I didn't explain that in the original post. They had plenty of the type for metal but none for plastic.

Matt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts