Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it going? My trailblazer started making a deep "wooo" sound about a week ago togaether with vibration on the gas pedal. I have about 88000 miles on it. Itgoes louder as I accelerate up until about 40 mph and then it gets a little quiter as I keep accelerating but can still hear it doesnt matter if its is on D or 3 or 2 it is still the same noise. It sound slike its coming from the passenger wheel side. I tried the turning left to see if it sound more on the right and viceversa but can't notice any difference. Does anyone has any suggestions. I was told that it mught be the wheel bearings.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
If you can get your hands on a mechanics stethoscope, you'll be able to determine if it is a wheel bearing. If it doesn't make more or less noise if you turn left or right, in my non-expert opinion, it doesn't sound like a wheel bearing.

Matt

·
Banned
2002 gmc envoy_slt
1,253 Posts
Sounds exactly like a wheel bearing going out. I probably wouldn't worry to much about whether it is louder when turning, I was not able to diagnose mine that way either.

·
Registered
2004 buick rainier
3 Posts
Set your parking brake, jack the front end up, and spin each tire as fast as you can by hand and see if you can faintly hear the same noise. I just had a bearing go out and it sounded like what you've explained. If you can't determine what side it is... buy a hub assembly, pick a side and replace it... if it still makes the sound put the old one on the opposite side. The hub assemblies are universal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts