Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put new computer new crank sensor new cam sensor new starter relay new ignition relay checked all fuses but power windows and doors won't work doors will not lock or unlock and car will not turn over cross it over on starter will run 5 sec then shut back off key fob does not work either replaced battery security light goes off when i cut key on does not blink but then turn key to start just clicks could it b the liftgate actuator seems to control all the locks just found that out yesterday after spending 700 bucks im about ready to set the damn thing on fire lol any ideas

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,781 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

1. Did you do a Crankshaft Sensor Relearn procedure since you replaced the crankshaft sensor?

2. What year, make, model and engine is your vehicle?

2. What was the initial problem you were trying to fix? Were there any OBDII codes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shut it off got gas came back would not start let set about 10 min fired back up got home and ain't ran since 2005 4.2i

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Well, anytime the crankshaft sensor is disturbed or replaced, what is called a CASE relearn procedure must be followed or the engine will not run right. It requires the use of a professional level bidirectional code reader/live data scanner like a dealership's Tech2.

Now

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Do you mean the starter solenoid mounted on top of the starter clicks, or the starter relay in the underhood electrical center clicks?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Does the Security Light come on and stay on when you attempt to start the engine?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It did. But now when i put key in switch and turn on security light goes off after about 5 sec but still won't crank dont have power to door locks so can't program key fob

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Thank you. It's beginning to sound like you need to do a Security Relearn Procedure to get the BCM and the PCM on the "same page". Here is a link to the procedure.

Not having performed the CASE relearn will not keep the engine from starting.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Sounds more like the anti-theft feature has kicked in. Need to first run the Security relearn procedure I cited.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put new computer on still nothin took it off put old one back on all dash lights come on dic is workin im gonna see if that acuater on lift gate might have broken wjre haven't checked that yet lift is locked buti can still raise
the back glass it ain't locked for some reasoni

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts