Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just put a new lighting kit on my boat trailer. As I was working I was testing each new connection. Everything was working fine except the running light on the passenger side. The driver side running light worked fine when I first hooked it up. When I finished up I went back and squeezed the snap lock connector on each side running light a little tighter just to make sure they were secure. When I connected the trailer harness back up to my trailblazer, neither running light would work and now the tail lights don't work. The brake lights and turn signals work fine but nothing that gets power from the brown wires will work. Is there a fuse that controls the running lights on the trailer? I looked at my owners manual and checked what fuses I saw that went to the trailer but they all looked good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Trailer running lights are fused by the REAR fuse block, fuse #42.

Trailer right turn lamp is under the HOOD fuse #50. Left turn is HOOD fuse #51.

Yes, GM was crazy when they designed this separation of fuse functions. It's not the dumbest thing they ever did to the trailvoy, though. :weird:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. The fuse was blown. I replaced it and it immediately blew again. I have since found that I had a hot wire grounded on the passenger side marker light that was causing the fuse to blow.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
117 Posts
Trailer running lights are fused by the REAR fuse block, fuse #42.

Trailer right turn lamp is under the HOOD fuse #50. Left turn is HOOD fuse #51.

Yes, GM was crazy when they designed this separation of fuse functions. It's not the dumbest thing they ever did to the trailvoy, though. :weird:
I have a question. Where is the rear fuse block?
Last time I towed a u-haul all lights were working. But no running lights. I had to put in something like 5 fuses under the hood for the trailer lights to work. I guess the last owner didn't tow anything.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Where is the rear fuse block?
I could give you the fish, but I much prefer to teach you how to fish.

It's in the Owner's Manual. Read it cover to cover.

Miranda Warning: If you do not have an Owner's Manual one will be provided to you for no charge by the maintainers of www.trailvoy.com, who have been kind enough to put many PDFs under the "Resources" pull-down menu.

Anybody coming into this thread and giving away the answer will not be on my list of friends for the day. Please respect my attempt to get the newb to use all sources of information about the vehicle before asking for help on trivial things.:tiphat

I'm honestly not trying to be mean, but there's a LOT of fantastic data in the Owner's Manual, and you should be familiar with it.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
117 Posts
I didn't mean to post three of the same messages. I guess I must have keep pressing the submit reply button. It wouldn't load.
My Envoy didn't come with the owners manual. I'm the second owner. I did find number 42, 10 amp fuse was missing. So hopefully my next uhaul or trailer rental will have running lights.
:)

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I didn't mean to post three of the same messages. I guess I must have keep pressing the submit reply button. It wouldn't load.
My Envoy didn't come with the owners manual. I'm the second owner. I did find number 42, 10 amp fuse was missing. So hopefully my next uhaul or trailer rental will have running lights.
:)

Thanks for your help.
So, your giving up :hissy:.

Go back and reread roadies' post. A lot of owners don't have owners manuals, that's why we provide pdf copies on the site. You can read it online, download it or print it. Enjoy :thumbsup:

BTW, you can request the removal of those dup posts. Just click the red triangle on the upper right corner and tell a mod what you want.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
117 Posts
Ah I found the fuse location and put in one of my 10 amp spare fuses. Hoping the next rental trailer lights all work. Fingers crossed. :hail:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
16 Posts
Trailer running lights are fused by the REAR fuse block, fuse #42
7 1/2 years after this info was posted it is still helping fellow Envoy owners....namely me. I worked my way thru the owners manual but now realize I don't speak the GM language. Fuse #42 is described as "Trailer Park." Who wouldn't recognize that as trailer running lights???? Really????

If "the roadie" is still on this forum....Thanks

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
no running light

please help me i have the same problem with GMC 03 Envoy any light is work normal with my trailer, but only the no running light, i did try change the fuse #32 for the trailer fuse but is still the same didn't work for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts