Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 envoy. We do alot of towing whether it be boat, snowmobile trailer, open trailer, etc.
Recently (this year?) we noticed that we have no running lights on any of our trailers when hooked up to the Envoy. Hook up to our pick up and all is well.
I have looked through the manual and for the life of me i cannot find a fuse for "running lights" There is a left tail, right tail, etc. but nothing stating the runners. I checked the trailer fuse under the hood and it is fine.
Can anyone assist in locating the proper fuse for the running lights so i can at least try that prior to spending money on fixing an electrical issue?

thanks!:confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Rear fuse block #42, confusingly labeled TR PARK as if you're going to use them for PARKING lights. :weird:

More idiocy from the GM manual writers. Same ones who call the BCM (body control module) the TBC (truck body controller) in the Owner's Manual and its fuse charts when it comes time to troubleshoot a dimmable gauge circuit problem. And who can't be bothered to give us a clue that the CIGAR fuse also runs the OBDII diagnostic port.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
141 Posts
thats funny, after buying my trailblazer I realized my OBDII port was tucked inside the hole the wires stick out. I though this was kind of odd and thought it might be broken, decided to take it out since I would also need it to pass the emissions test. I take it out and take it to autozone to get the codes read and cleared and the guy said it wasn't working. At the time i left it alone for a later day to test with a multimeter.

a couple of months later I got the idea of checking a fuse for my cig lighter not working so i changed the broken fuse. My mom had taken my car to get the emissions test done and was surprised that it passed and since then i figured the Autozone's scan tool wasn't working till now that you said that roadie. it makes perfect sense

and that concludes my little story about how i fixed my OBDII port without realizing it. :woot:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts