Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have noticed that the tail light is out on my 07 trailblazer. the first thing I did was inspect the bulb, which seemed fine. Then checked fuse 14 on the interior panel, which was blown. Replaced the 10A fuze and it worked just fine, for maybe one or two trips to work. Then it was out again.

I replaced both tail light running bulbs (L+R) and fuse 14 once again. Same thing happened about 2 trips over. Did a closer inspection of my whole taillght housing, nodiced a crack where some moisture can be getting in. Replaced my entire L and R taillight housings and circut boards with a salvage pair of 08 housings. Once again, also changed fuse 14.

Same story, got pulled over for running light out. Today I did some digging and found that the license plate bulbs are also in parallel into the left running tail light circuit, thus controlled by fuse 14. (i will try to attach this circuit as an image) I removed the plate bulbs to inspect and they both seemed good. When I reinstalled them, it caused fuse 14 to blow immediately once power was sent through it. I removed the bulbs again and replaced fuse 14 and it blew after about a half hour without any taillight bulbs in it.

Wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. I am completly out of Ideas on how to fix. I inspected all the wiring and it all appears to be in good condition. From here, I guess I will try replacing the taillight plug, taillight circut board, and liscence plate sockets and bulbs

To me, it seems like I have a wire grounding out somewhere or I have a poor ground. Does anyyone have info on where grounds in these circuts may be, or common areas for wires to become faulty over time?
Thanks much!
Rectangle Font Schematic Parallel Pattern

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,056 Posts
One of the largest problems with rear lighting is the flex link the wires pass through at the top of the rear hatch.

Crazy things involving key fobs, the CHMSL, taillights ...... and I don't know what else ... is usually from those wires failing their insulation, shorting or going open inside their insulation which may look good but still no contiguous connection is being made.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You need to check a tailgate connector, which connects rear gate electronics from car body side. Rear washer tube places here too. You can find this connector under rubber pad of car body tail
Slope Font Parallel Engineering Schematic

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,056 Posts
Never really seen the connector fail --- the wires take constant bending and flexing and as far as I know, the connector is kinda stationary.

Maybe 115% of the time it's the wires --- the rest of the time it might be the connector ....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts