Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2002 Envoy with 226,000 miles, I am the second owner. Got in my truck Saturday and put the vehicle in reverse, did not go. After a few minutes of trying, revved up the engine and it slammed into reverse. Drove about a mile with it making noise (sounded like marbles) then back home. Ended up taking it to my brothers auto shop, made no noises. He got it today, drove it 0-45 mph and heard nothing, shifted fine...

I read lots today about sun shells and no trann fluid. He checked the fluid, smelled fine and was full.

I cannot figure out what caused this and since it is not doing it, cannot diagnose it. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks - John

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
Have your friend check and see if the arm connecting the shifter to the trans needs adjusted, might have only been partially in gear. If not that, I think there is a solenoid for reverse that could be bad, have your friend check that as well. Note, if the selonoid is bad you need to know asap or your entire tranny could go.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
672 Posts
Have your friend check and see if the arm connecting the shifter to the trans needs adjusted, might have only been partially in gear. If not that, I think there is a solenoid for reverse that could be bad, have your friend check that as well. Note, if the selonoid is bad you need to know asap or your entire tranny could go.
Isn't the shifter cable driven, to the trans ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts