Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey guys so here is my intro i am a new father as of march 8th 2011 to a babygirl and am very happy to bring her home in my trailblazer 4l60e. but apperantly i was a lil to happy a few days ago. one morning at the shop where i work i did a tranns flush and new filter and pan gasket.
i refilled the tranns. after servicing it and filled it with 4.5 quarts reason being alldata required 5. i ran it through the gears and checked the fluid level and and added more fluid point is i serviced it and then drove it around. i litereally went through every gear and everything worked fine even reverse but when i went home i backed up from my parking spot threw it in drive and burned out for a good 30 feet...oops...thats when reverse did not work any longer and now when i put it in neutral it goes forward...any help??? :/

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
So you did a burn out and then it stopped working? I would recheck fluid and linkage and all. :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
912 Posts
It goes forward in "N". That is very odd. I don't know much about transmissions but it almost seems that something happened to the shift linkage causing it to malfunction. Crawl under and see if your shift linkage is damaged or see if it skipped a tooth on the gear selector on the transmission. Does it stay in park in "p"?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
You've got 2 things that could be out of whack.

As Jacob suggested, there is mechanical linkage between the shifter and the tranny. It might be out of adjustment, maybe.

Where the linkage connects to the tranny, we have a sensor (years ago, it was called the PARK NEUTRAL safety switch).

This sensor, tells the PCM which transmission gear has been selected (good info for the PCM).
The PCM, talks to the BCM and tells it what gear the tranny is in.
The BCM uses this info to turn on the backup lights, if the PCM has told it the tranny is in reverse.
The BCM also tells the dash cluster, which bar to light under one of the indicator letters (PRND321).

So, if the only problem you appear to be having, is that the bar is lighting under the wrong letter, maybe the switch got damaged when you lost your temper and threw that wrench (just kidding... maybe).

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
You've got 2 things that could be out of whack.

As Jacob suggested, there is mechanical linkage between the shifter and the tranny. It might be out of adjustment, maybe.

Where the linkage connects to the tranny, we have a sensor (years ago, it was called the PARK NEUTRAL safety switch).

This sensor, tells the PCM which transmission gear has been selected (good info for the PCM).
The PCM, talks to the BCM and tells it what gear the tranny is in.
The BCM uses this info to turn on the backup lights, if the PCM has told it the tranny is in reverse.
The BCM also tells the dash cluster, which bar to light under one of the indicator letters (PRND321).

So, if the only problem you appear to be having, is that the bar is lighting under the wrong letter, maybe the switch got damaged when you lost your temper and threw that wrench (just kidding... maybe).
rayvoy my backup lights turn on and so does my cluster and when i shft forward and quickly into reverse the tranns reacts and backs up and stops almost as if im pressing the brakes while in revrse and i dont move backwards i checked fluids linkage and the sensors making sure everything is plugged in right thanks for info any other suggestions:) i greatly appreciate

It goes forward in "N". That is very odd. I don't know much about transmissions but it almost seems that something happened to the shift linkage causing it to malfunction. Crawl under and see if your shift linkage is damaged or see if it skipped a tooth on the gear selector on the transmission. Does it stay in park in "p"?
i was a little surprised also but yes forward in n and basically park in r and in p...

So you did a burn out and then it stopped working? I would recheck fluid and linkage and all. :m2:
fluids are good and linkage is also good...

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
rayvoy my backup lights turn on and so does my cluster and when i shft forward and quickly into reverse

i was a little surprised also but yes forward in n and basically park in r and in p...
You have me confused. How can you tell me it wants to back up in R, and then tell someone else, your in park when R is selected.

If you turn off the engine, turn on the key (don't start the engine) and move selector to R will the backup lights come on?

Can you start it in P and in N?

If you place it in D, R, 3, 2,1 will it start?

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have me confused. How can you tell me it wants to back up in R, and then tell someone else, your in park when R is selected.

If you turn off the engine, turn on the key (don't start the engine) and move selector to R will the backup lights come on?

Can you start it in P and in N?

If you place it in D, R, 3, 2,1 will it start?
it starts only in neutral and park and what i ment is only when the vehicle is going forward and i quickly shift innto reverse it wants to back up but then just stops as if in park

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
when i went home i backed up from my parking spot threw it in drive and burned out for a good 30 feet...oops...thats when reverse did not work any longer and now when i put it in neutral it goes forward.
Your high school nuetral drop style action will probably net you a transmission rebuild quickly and don't be surprised when the rearend explodes in a few more miles. You abused the truck and it broke. Such is life.

However, Congrats on being a father!

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me be the first (on here) to tell you that is not a great idea :nono:

I suspect your gonna be pulling the pan again.
yea well to be on the safe side i am considering just dropping tranns and overhauling along with a new tqc with 2200 stall reason i want to overhaul is i hav e no records of tranns being serviced at all previously and it has 4 owners and i only know the last 3 which is my god father(2nd owner) my dad (3rd owner) and me the 4th owner then once overhauling i can start servicing and treating right the vehicle i already serviced and inspected the diff so for anyone with experiance should know these difs are actually very durable and i know because of my friend has an 02 and hes abused it absoulutley attrociously so anyways what do u think rayvoy hopefully that should take care of the prolem
so rayvoy thank u very much for ur input and trying to figure out this riddle with me
and for hardtrailz400 thank u for congratulating me but i am absoulutley 100% sure my diff will live but thnx
groups make things easier to understand thanks everyone
:grouphug:

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Ahh Dreams....These are definitely not tough rearends. They are ok for normal use, but not real stout. Thats why most of us offroaders try to upgrade.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
286 Posts
Sound like some clutch packs have welded together.... Low (1st) and reverse use the same clutch pack, but when going forward the forward clutch pack is also engaged to cause forward rotation of the output shaft........ Sounds like the forward clutch pack is welded together or else something is telling this clutch pack to apply at all times....:m2:

·
Registered
chevy trailblazer_ls
7 Posts
u r correct on stock diffs not being good for offroading, however title does not say offroading vehicle it doesnt say anything but indicates it will be the vehicle i take my newborn to doctor appointments parks and the mall so im pretty sure that stock diff is great for a daily commute and peeling out every now and then otherwise im pretty sure everyone would be on here making threads about messed up diffs so once again thanks for the trying but unless u have actuall input on any idea like rayvoy i wouldnt try to jump into the convo if no tech experiance is known so thanks for the chat though:eek:fftopic:

Sound like some clutch packs have welded together.... Low (1st) and reverse use the same clutch pack, but when going forward the forward clutch pack is also engaged to cause forward rotation of the output shaft........ Sounds like the forward clutch pack is welded together or else something is telling this clutch pack to apply at all times....:m2:
i was also researching and trying to look into that on google and all data thanks:D so u wat do u think about an over hall on all clutch packs servos etc. thumbs up or down

Ahh Dreams....These are definitely not tough rearends. They are ok for normal use, but not real stout. Thats why most of us offroaders try to upgrade.
u r correct on stock diffs not being good for offroading, however title does not say offroading vehicle it doesnt say anything but indicates it will be the vehicle i take my newborn to doctor appointments parks and the mall so im pretty sure that stock diff is great for a daily commute and peeling out every now and then otherwise im pretty sure everyone would be on here making threads about messed up diffs so once again thanks for the trying but unless u have actuall input on any idea like rayvoy i wouldnt try to jump into the convo if no tech experiance is known so thanks for the chat though

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
yea well to be on the safe side i am considering just dropping tranns and overhauling along with a new tqc with 2200 stall reason i want to overhaul is i hav e no records of tranns being serviced at all previously and it has 4 owners and i only know the last 3 which is my god father(2nd owner) my dad (3rd owner) and me the 4th owner then once overhauling i can start servicing and treating right the vehicle i already serviced and inspected the diff so for anyone with experiance should know these difs are actually very durable and i know because of my friend has an 02 and hes abused it absoulutley attrociously so anyways what do u think rayvoy hopefully that should take care of the prolem
so rayvoy thank u very much for ur input and trying to figure out this riddle with me
and for hardtrailz400 thank u for congratulating me but i am absoulutley 100% sure my diff will live but thnx
groups make things easier to understand thanks everyone
:grouphug:
Well matador, you're welcome (that's the longest sentence I've seen on TrailVoy); but, I agree with hardtrailz, these transmissions are not designed for that kind of abuse.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1 Posts
04 Trailblazer

Transmission goes forward when its in (N) but has no (R) and the Trans whines as soon as we start the vehicle. Any idea`s as to what the problem could be??

·
Registered
1 Posts
04 Trailblazer

Transmission goes forward when its in (N) but has no (R) and the Trans whines as soon as we start the vehicle. Any idea`s as to what the problem could be??
I'm having this issue as well. No burnout either. Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
3 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey guys so here is my intro i am a new father as of march 8th 2011 to a babygirl and am very happy to bring her home in my trailblazer 4l60e. but apperantly i was a lil to happy a few days ago. one morning at the shop where i work i did a tranns flush and new filter and pan gasket.
i refilled the tranns. after servicing it Nox Vidmate VLC and filled it with 4.5 quarts reason being alldata required 5. i ran it through the gears and checked the fluid level and and added more fluid point is i serviced it and then drove it around. i litereally went through every gear and everything worked fine even reverse but when i went home i backed up from my parking spot threw it in drive and burned out for a good 30 feet...oops...thats when reverse did not work any longer and now when i put it in neutral it goes forward...any help??? :/
I don't know much about transmissions but it almost seems that something happened to the shift linkage causing it to malfunction.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts