Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an earlier search and checked both the fuse and relay for the rear washer pump. Also checked that line was clear. At this point, I'm thinking it's the washer pump. Can I take the electrical connector that goes to the front windshield pump that I know works, and connect it to the back pump just to double check the electrical ? Let me know what you all think. Thanks, c good

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,643 Posts
Is it the wiper that wont work or is it that the washer fluid wont come out? Because if its the fluid, the little hose that leads from the reserve to the back could have came lose. Thats what happened to me. It kept spraying my right mirror through the opening infront of the hood everytime I would try to wash the back :duh:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Swapping pump connectors is perfectly safe. Good way to test it. They share a common ground through a splice, so it's probably not the ground.

If it isn't the pump, after you swap the feed, you need to suspect the switch. The switch is fed from the BCM, so it could also be wiring to and from the BCM. Not much else in that path. Let me know if you have a meter and need to dig deeper to find the missing signal if it isn't the pump.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update.

Thanks for the input guys. Got a chance to try changing connectors today. Those GM guys are pretty sneaky. Front pump electrical connector is different from rear pump connector. No problem, just rigged some jumpers. Rear pump connector to front pump test. Pushed rear pump button, got the front pump to go. At this point it's pretty clear its just a bad rear pump. NAPA has one for $18.00. One more thing off of my list. :) c good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.