Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Alright so this is my first post on here so ill try to pass along as much info as I can. I have a 2006 trailblazer lt 2wd. I have owned for a few years now but within the past week I have been having electrical problems. After I turn off the car, I lose all power. I cant even use keyless entry. As I go to restart it, nothing... No lights, no chimes, nothing!... UNTIL i tap the brake. Once I tap the brake I get all power back but Everything has been reset such as the radio clock. I have the navigation radio so once this problem occurs, the navigation is reset so that instead of displaying chevy on the screen during start up, it displays DELPHI. I have no idea whats going on!! Ignition switch?? Battery? Fuses?

Mods: Not many but...
I have had the pcm tune( done months ago)
Radio mods such as video adapter for rear view camera as well as Ipod
adapter (also months ago)

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
300 Posts
Since the issue is readily reproduceable, it is probably straight forward to find the cause, IF you use a meter and do some testing. Basically cause the problem (ie. loss of power... it is not power comes back with the brake switch) then get your meter out and check your ignition connections, coming in and going out looking for where power is and isn't and where it should be. Forget the "brake switch thing" for the time being... you are not trying find why that does what it does, you are trying to find out why you don't have power. Once you have determine where voltage ISN"T on the switch, you trace that back to other places probably going towards the fuse and battery area (testing with your meter at known points of available access) and you will likely find your issue. Or you could just start replacing parts and hoping you hit on the right one.... probably starting at the ignition switch.

Further note, that you also need to check grounds in a similar fashion (ie. find a function that stops working and trace thru the wiring for that particular function, checking both voltage and grounds along the way).

Happy hunting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts