Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did my valve cover gasket, hooked everything back up and when i first went to start it, It made a click, then lost all power. After a few minutes, power came back but when tried to start it did the same thing. The battery connections are good and the battery has good voltage, I have checked mega fuse, starter fuse and some other ones.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,057 Posts
Recheck every harness connector you removed to do the cover gasket. If you disconnected the PCM then pull those connectors off again and examine every pin and socket in each connector. What year is this engine?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recheck every harness connector you removed to do the cover gasket. If you disconnected the PCM then pull those connectors off again and examine every pin and socket in each connector. What year is this engine?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So I think the 2005 used a P12 PCM. Much like the previous P10 PCM. Has 3 connectors? Be certain that none of the connectors are loose and that every pin is in good shape and no pin has been bent or pushed the female terminal back in the connector. It is most likely some harness connector somewhere that didn't get reconnected OK. It ran before this cover gasket work right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I think the 2005 used a P12 PCM. Much like the previous P10 PCM. Has 3 connectors? Be certain that none of the connectors are loose and that every pin is in good shape and no pin has been bent or pushed the female terminal back in the connector. It is most likely some harness connector somewhere that didn't get reconnected OK. It ran before this cover gasket work right?
Yes has 3 connectors, I wonder if i put them in the wrong order but the way the harness is set up I believe they are correct. thanks for the help i’ll check it out tommorow.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I don't know if they can be connected to the wrong locations. And it may not be these connections at all. But if it ran before and doesn't now then the first thing to check is whatever was disconnected. At least that would be MY first choice. Here is the correct order seen by the colors of the connectors. This is on a 2002 4.2 with a P10 PCM.

Screenshot_20201108-204256.png

You DID disconnect the battery first when doing the cover gasket work right? If not you may have blown a fuse somewhere?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
when i first went to start it, It made a click, then lost all power. After a few minutes, power came back but when tried to start it did the same thing

So what has power inside now and what does not? Instrument panel lights all come on? Power door locks? Power windows? Headlights? Heater/AC blower? Etc. Etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So what has power inside now and what does not? Instrument panel lights all come on? Power door locks? Power windows? Headlights? Heater/AC blower? Etc. Etc.
no power anywhere not even at brake lights I believe the battery was connected when I did it I went across the fuse panel up front the only fuse that makes sense I didn’t get continuity on was the big starter one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it did have power for a bit when i tried it it had no crank and made a click then i lost all power trying to crank it again

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If the mega fuse at the front fuse block has power through it then you will want to start checking fuses in the rear fuse block under the back seat drivers side. That big fuse at the front fuseblock feed the rear fuseblock and all the fuses back there.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You dont even have a check engine light in the cluster? Nothing anywhere? Check your main battery negative cables to ground yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts