Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I searched and can't seem to find any solid answers to my questions. I bought an 04 Envoy XL a few months ago. When I bought it, it had an aftermarket HU in it. It did not work when I bought it (no sound). The guy I bought it from acted surprised that there was no sound and said "well, it did". I somehow don't believe him. He seemed kinda shady. Anyway, I decided to put in a new HU, with backup camera, android auto, etc.. Installed it along with a PAC RP5-GM11. Got everything connected, still no sound. Thought maybe the amp was bad and purchased a remanufactured amp. Installed it and still no sound. So today I was messing around trying to figure things out and it seems there is no power at all to the amp. Yes, I checked fuse #11 under the middle seat. Wasn't any power there either. My amp has 3 plugs going to it. A 24 pin, an 8 pin (with only 6 pins actually wired), and a 3 pin. My questions are these: Is there another fuse / relay / control module that controls power to the amp? Which wires actually supply power to the amp? Can I rewire my own power supply to the amp? Also, I am not getting power from my trigger wire (power that is supplied when radio is turned on) to the amp as well. Thanks for any and all help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts