Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently went on a 6 and a half hour drive... The next morning i went to drive my truck and it was acting weird... when i accelerate it sounds like it is sucking alot of air and trying really hard to go but its hard to get to 50... im not sure what could be wrong i have tried to ask some friends... but no one seems to know... figures because i go to wyotech... if anyone has any idea what my problem might be it would be very helpful... thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Does it sound like a jet trying to take off. An 18 wheeler wound up? Those are signs of a bad fan clutch. It also gives lack of power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked the air filter and its fine but not the fan clutch... ill check in the morning and let you know whats up

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat Also, are there any CEL's? Have you done any maintanence? How many miles on your Envoy?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
87 Posts
Fan Clutch. If that **** is whining like a jet engine, (or as ROBERT1101 put it best, an 18 wheeler) is incredibly sluggish and seems to get louder as you accelerate, it can very well be your 'Fan Clutch.'
There's a good amount of information regarding that here, at Trailvoy. Just do a "search."

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
also, im not sure how many miles yu have on it but yu could be suffering from a clogged cat...wont explain the noise/whine but def the power loss :m2:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
This is not really an answer for you, but more of a question for the other guys. Couldnt this be a vacuum line that has come off?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
changed the fuel filter today and fuel system cleaner, still the same.... trying cam position sensor tomorrow, fan clutch is ok...

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
This is not really an answer for you, but more of a question for the other guys. Couldnt this be a vacuum line that has come off?
I think if a vacuum line came off or cracked it would set CEL.:undecided

1 - 13 of 13 Posts