Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 TB’s passenger side brake light is not working. The driver’s side and high mount brake light is working. I’ve changed the bulb, checked the circuit board by switching it with the board on the drivers side (working side) and the light works. I’ve checked and replaced fuse # 12 and 34 without success.
Has anyone experience this problem and knows how to resolve it or is taking it to the dealer my only option?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
when you swapped the boards did you notice the other side out?? or did they both work when you swapped them?

if its the circuit boards you can get them at Autozone for around 30 bucks a pair

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
first things first Welcome! :tiphat

when you swapped the boards did you notice the other side out?? or did they both work when you swapped them?

if its the circuit boards you can get them at Autozone for around 30 bucks a pair
:iagree:

many people have encountered this same problem with our circuit boards for the tails...up on the top yull see search...just type in circuit boards and yu will see all threads dealing with this...itll help yu see some troubleshooting methods as well as how people resolved them...

hope this helped :tiphat

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried your suggestion of swaping the two circuit boards.
The brake light on the good circuit board that is now on the passenger’s side isn’t working and the brake light on the questionable circuit board that is now on the driver’s side is working.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Then there's a wire or connector problem between the closest common part (the fuse) and the circuit board connector. It's most likely the wire crimp or the connector on the vehicle side of the circuit board connection. Can you get a meter and measure pin D (blue) which is the stop signal? To measure the voltage on a wire while it's plugged in, get a needle and poke it through the insulation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts