Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the local Autozone to read a CEL on my Chevy Trailblazer,
and they told me that it was now against the law in Ca to loan out a ScanTool!
I almost can't believe this, but it is Ca. What's next.
I can't wait to get transferred out of This state if this is a sign of thing to come

DaCarmack

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
I also heard(not sure if it's true) but you can't buy any new cars in CA that are black. :weird: Because you burn more fuel to cool it down, because it's black and it just soaks up all the heat.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
yeah that is a recent law.
this was due to service shops complaining that bussiness was being taken away by places scanning the codes- and not being a repair facility.
I simply went out and bought my own....

As for the black car--- I heard about that too.. but its not a law....yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can someone suggest a scan tool or two? My CEL just came on and I know nothing about the scan tools or codes.
Thanks..

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I sneek out from work for a few minutes to run to Harbor Freight tool cuz their one code reader is on sale. I pick it up and run back to work and as I am driving, the CEL goes out. Go figure! Will it retain a code in the system even though it went out??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
it should store a code for a certain number of keystarts i belive just cant remember how many

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried it out and there was a code. I just need to know what it means. According to the book I have it is code P0128 and it says "coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp"
???

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Typically that's a stuck open thermostat. You should have been seeing the needle on the gauge significantly below the normal 210 degrees for that to happen. What's your gauge been telling you lately?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Typically that's a stuck open thermostat. You should have been seeing the needle on the gauge significantly below the normal 210 degrees for that to happen. What's your gauge been telling you lately?
I haven't noticed a change. It's sits right around the middle all the time. There is fluid in the overflow tank. I will keep an eye on it.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
right around the middle?

most on here will say the needle SITS at the middle- a little to the right or the left..
but it literally sits and does not move...
if youre seeing the needle dancing around the middle- then yes problem
the overflow bottle- dexcool should fall on the COLD line when cold

·
Registered
38 Posts
right around the middle?

most on here will say the needle SITS at the middle- a little to the right or the left..
but it literally sits and does not move...
if youre seeing the needle dancing around the middle- then yes problem
the overflow bottle- dexcool should fall on the COLD line when cold
Do you not like my exact scientific measurments??:laugh:

It always seem to be in the same place, I just don't recall, at the moment, where exactly is sits. but it is usually right around the middle but unmoving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts