Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the Blue/Yellow SS Bilstein struts tonight (with help from Dave)

Rides like a dream now.. no more ungodly bouncing front end 5 minutes after I hit a bump

Pics (if anybody would like) will be coming this weekend

silenced alot of front end rattle and groans (due to the newer spring rubber mounts) :woot:

still have the original 84.5k endlinks on my ride too (next thing to get replaced)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,236 Posts
Pssst... They're coil-over shocks.

Good job on getting them replaced. They'll get better after you get some miles on 'em. Mine are just getting broken in nicely now after about a month of driving, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 3000 miles. Some of the inital harshness is now removed -- just right IMO.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
416 Posts
Yeah, I did the DJM 2/4 drop witch retained the stock front coil overs. The stance is great but I hate the way it bounces. Guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for a pair of the blue and yellow TBss bilstiens.

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,762 Posts
Man they were easy to do!I had a herd time one the driverside rear that I needed to use a cheater bar to loosen,but even with that it took a little more then an hour and that meaning all tools away too!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
The SS struts are sweet...paid about $250 for mine at chevy4partscom.....all you need now is the djm control arms to get and rims and your good to go...LOL...

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The SS struts are sweet...paid about $250 for mine at chevy4partscom.....all you need now is the djm control arms to get and rims and your good to go...LOL...

yeah i know.. but I only paid $115 shipped (included springs too) for the whole front setup

I doubt I am gonna get the DJM arms (crappy and overpriced).. probably gonna have arms fabbed up at a suspension shop

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
yeah i know.. but I only paid $115 shipped (included springs too) for the whole front setup

I doubt I am gonna get the DJM arms (crappy and overpriced).. probably gonna have arms fabbed up at a suspension shop
$115 shipped...can't go wrong with that......I got my control arms from Tony when he was around.....I think it was rougly with the exchange rate was about $360 last year.......just for the arms...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts

You should find some sucker to buy the springs...

Im just waitin on my shocks from gmpartsdirect.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.