Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Trailvoy world,

I have a 2003 Envoy SLT, a couple months back my odometer cluster and radio lights (not the clock) would stay ON when the vehicle was turned off? it would drain the battery after being on all night and I would have to boost. I noticed that while moving the passenger side seat these lights would flicker? (are they connected?)

So after having to disconnect battery and re-connect every am, the power seat dies, and the lights turned OFF.. but for good - they will not come back on? and the seat seems to make noise, but doesn't move the heat, and window on the door work fine - they are the heated leather ergonomic seats. Drivers side fine.. I've done this so far:

Checked fuses (all good)
Unplugged the power seat to see if the lights would come back - they did not

I'm desperate and buying a new 125 fuse (maybe it's blown?)

Since all the guages are working, and the light was working - I haven't gone as far as removing the cluster.. it's tuff because at night you can't see the speed your driving.. and well the passenger seat doesn't work. it does light up and still heats up, it doesn't move around..

I guess my question is: are these two things connected? passenger seat and odometer & radio light? also radio/cd works fine, as does the time display - it's the illuminated portion that doesn't light up?

Thanks everyone, sorry for the long post - i'm at my wits end.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
03 trailblazer, Had new battery installed and instrument lights went out. bought new cluster for 65.00from junk yard. no improvement. dissamble cllluster and ohm'd out back light wiring at 3.4 ohm connected 12 power supply of phone charger to circuit board and dash lights came on. circuit plug connector #5 & #7 on front row. now going to check for voltage coming from headllight dimmer switch. will let you know of my results

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
3 Posts
125 fuse

Greetings Trailvoy world,

I have a 2003 Envoy SLT, a couple months back my odometer cluster and radio lights (not the clock) would stay ON when the vehicle was turned off? it would drain the battery after being on all night and I would have to boost. I noticed that while moving the passenger side seat these lights would flicker? (are they connected?)

So after having to disconnect battery and re-connect every am, the power seat dies, and the lights turned OFF.. but for good - they will not come back on? and the seat seems to make noise, but doesn't move the heat, and window on the door work fine - they are the heated leather ergonomic seats. Drivers side fine.. I've done this so far:

Checked fuses (all good)
Unplugged the power seat to see if the lights would come back - they did not

I'm desperate and buying a new 125 fuse (maybe it's blown?)

Since all the guages are working, and the light was working - I haven't gone as far as removing the cluster.. it's tuff because at night you can't see the speed your driving.. and well the passenger seat doesn't work. it does light up and still heats up, it doesn't move around..

I guess my question is: are these two things connected? passenger seat and odometer & radio light? also radio/cd works fine, as does the time display - it's the illuminated portion that doesn't light up?

Thanks everyone, sorry for the long post - i'm at my wits end.
you can test the fuse with volt meter , touch each side and to ground, if both read 12 volt or more tip/14.4 volt dc then fuse is good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts