Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the response I got from the Hypertech tech support line. Maybe we should all email this guy "jim" from Hypertech and let him know that "anytime soon" is not an appropriate response.

"Stan

Nothing available yet and doubtful we will anytime soon. I'll enter a request to show interest and you'll also be notified when available. Thanks

Jim"

:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check engine lights are not fun

the guy that has the problem with his computer and the lack of any resolution, has me a little worried about just how good vector really is. I'd like to wait a while and see if these guys really understand how important the little things are.

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Trailblazer1 said:
the guy that has the problem with his computer and the lack of any resolution, has me a little worried about just how good vector really is. I'd like to wait a while and see if these guys really understand how important the little things are.

Well, I will be easy on you:) The problem was not an "issue" or a "problem" with the tune. If you order the CORE you will have to have a crank relearn done which can be done by the dealer. If you send them YOURS you will not have an SES light. I have had mine for a lil over 2000 miles with NO problem. The pay attention to the little things. Take if from me and I am sure others will agree, their product is top notch. I had my crank relearn done and it took 5 mins and was not expensive at all. There is a resolution and it is being taken care of. There was a misscommunication and that resulted in bad info.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

for taking it easy on me...I think I understand what the issue was, and is...if I were to use Vector I would definitely want a new reprogrammed core so that I could keep my stock one, just in case. I have a great relationship with my Chevy dealer having bought 25 cars in 19 years. I could probably get the relearn done for free, but then again, they do like money. I am still wondering if the gas was the issue, and also since I live in the northeast would I be better off getting the lower tune due to the quality of the gas in our area. I only buy premium, but then I would bet that TONY did too. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
Thats an Idea. I live in Delaware, and have not had an issue except when I used Wawa gas. Not sure if you know who they are as I dont know where you are located. Now I run citgo and Sunoco with no issues what so ever. I may purchase a stock ECM/TCM at somepoint to revert it back to stock. If you do live close to DE I would be willing to take you for a spin so you can see the difference this tune makes.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
Thats an Idea. I live in Delaware, and have not had an issue except when I used Wawa gas. Not sure if you know who they are as I dont know where you are located. Now I run citgo and Sunoco with no issues what so ever. I may purchase a stock ECM/TCM at somepoint to revert it back to stock. If you do live close to DE I would be willing to take you for a spin so you can see the difference this tune makes.

what issues with WaWa gas?? any codes or just less performance?I want the 93 or whatever tune is the best one, Chris, is there anything else we should know about?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
377 Posts
There is another handheld programmer in the works other than Hypertech. I'll let you all know as I have more information. I've emphasized the market for one and they agree. Now they just need to get me the beta tester so we can get to work!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
No codes or anything just some pinging on hard acceleration... didn't want to push it.
pinging..not cool..and we're in the middle of winter??

how much or how many HP on the dyno are we losing with the "89" tune? (or whatever the lower one is)

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
No codes or anything just some pinging on hard acceleration... didn't want to push it.
how can it ping? dosen't the knock sensor pull enough timing to avoid that??

·
Registered
2007 gmc
11,894 Posts
TonyGXP said:
how can it ping? dosen't the knock sensor pull enough timing to avoid that??
It was only a split second but I deffinatly heard it. Drove it easy untill next fill up. Put citgo 93 in drive for about 15 miles, Nailed it and no more ping. Now I know why Wawa is always 5 or 6 cents cheaper then everyone else. Also I think I remember Chris saying it was only a loss of 10 or so HP with the lower octane tune.

·
Registered
169 Posts
GTPprix said:
Wawa uses ethanol blended fuel which is a no no. It wont ping in the summer, the IAT scaler takes care of that.
Chris, not to beat a dead horse, but the pinging concerns me. I have experienced no pinging with the Westers tune on my Sierra Denali (We spoke on the phone a few weeks ago), but my wife is nervous having a tune on her daily driver. I love the Westers on my Sierra Denali and the Technosquare on my G35, but again, neither have ever pinged in the winter or summer and I am in MA where the gas is complete $hit in the winter...same with NH, ME, etc...

Can you break down the HP and Trq figures for each tune you have out, thanks so much...I am looking forward to this evolving into sometihng very safe, proven and Kick A$$!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
As long as you dont run ethanol blended fuel you are in the clear. The 100% pledge covers this as well, if you arent happy we'll take care of it no reason to be scared :) We have oxygenated winter blend here as well and it's fine with the tune and as it gets warmer the IAT pulls timing anyhow so it's all good :)

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post - hello all. I'm about 2-3 months out from purchasing an SS and have been following this topic for a little while now on the site.

This thread says oxygenated fuel is fine but ethanol blend is a no-no. My limited research indicates that "Ethanol is a widely used oxygenate that is blended with gasoline at a concentration of approximately 10 percent ethanol". In other words, oxygenated is the same as ethanol blend, no?

On a related note - does anyone know of a site which lists which companies do/do not use ethanol blended gas? Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
McNasty said:
First post - hello all. I'm about 2-3 months out from purchasing an SS and have been following this topic for a little while now on the site.

This thread says oxygenated fuel is fine but ethanol blend is a no-no. My limited research indicates that "Ethanol is a widely used oxygenate that is blended with gasoline at a concentration of approximately 10 percent ethanol". In other words, oxygenated is the same as ethanol blend, no?

On a related note - does anyone know of a site which lists which companies do/do not use ethanol blended gas? Thanks!
Good questions!:grouphug:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
538 Posts
Fishhunter911 said:
do a search I think there was a thread on this, I will try to find it! Found it but it doesnt talk much about ethanol but it does tak about Top Tier gasoline and what companies use them.... http://www.toptiergas.com/
Here's the only problem with trying to buy what you think is top tier gas...it's very tough to tell where a station is getting gas from, unless it's company owned (and very few gas stations aren't actually franchises)...

I can't tell you how many Chevron's I've seen fill up with brand x gas...(and others). Unless you know and trust the owner, they're business owners, and they buy anything they can sell at a profit, not always what's on the sign (not criticizing their right to make money here, by the way).

Just a fact of life, at least around here. Of almost more importance is the age of the tank in the ground...the older the tank, the more likely something is in it you really don't want.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts