Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:sadcry:I have an 04 Envoy that runs fine when idle. When I give it gas it is super sluggish! I hit 4000 rpms before I hit 40 mph! I have replaced the air filter, fuel filter(and used fuel cleaners) and I have changed the spark plugs. Any ideas on what this is and how to get my vroom back?

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
It can be anything ranging from a bad oxygen sensor to a bad fan clutch or even bad cat converter as mentioned before.. even a thermostat allowing the engine to run cooler than normal can cause it. How's the gas mileage on it? Does the engine roar once in a while? Does it fully warm up (210 Degrees)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update

The service engine light was on so had hooked up to diagnostics. Said that fuel lines completely clogged and that the air intake system is clogged. Now trying to figure out how to clean myself.:bonk:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
251 Posts
It sounds very much like a plugged converter. If the fuel system had a blockage you wouldn't hit 4000 rpm. Did he provide a print out or tell you any more info? Is your check engine light on?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
It sounds very much like a plugged converter. If the fuel system had a blockage you wouldn't hit 4000 rpm. Did he provide a print out or tell you any more info? Is your check engine light on?

The service engine light was on so had hooked up to diagnostics. Said that fuel lines completely clogged and that the air intake system is clogged. Now trying to figure out how to clean myself.:bonk:
:x:x:x:x:x (Had to post something - otherwise got the "message too short" error)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts