Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i'm pulling into a resturant sunday night and there go my gauges.. NO radio, NO gauges at all working, no AC... then they come back on, but within 2 seconds they go off.. SO i'm like what the hell.. My truck is still running so i'm not sure what the problem is.. Well i park and pop the hood and much to my surprise the billet battery cover i have over my red top optima has come loose somehow and has touched both the POS. and Neg battery posts.. I know i know the top posts should have been covered.. But it was an oversight.. So i'm afraid to take it to chevy even though my truck is under warranty until October.. So what should i do? take it to chevy and play dumb? will they know that is what happened?? or do you think i can fix it myself? and WHAT is it that needs to be fixed?? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Check every fuse in both fuse boxes, especially the mega-fuse in the front fuse box.

You are actually quite fortunate; I have seen a shorted battery act like an arc welder and burn through a hood and start an engine fire in seconds.

Personally, I would never have a metal battery cover EVER ... but I have seen way too many upside-down cars where the battery broke loose from the mounts and shorted against the hood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.