Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2004 Chevy trailblazer, I recently changed my fuel injectors and after the change my vehicle would not start, I then seen to realize I wasn't getting no spark or no fuel, my car would turn over but would not start, I looked for damaged wires, even changed my throttle body. I tried to see if it was stuck in security but no luck, I got a tip that It could be my Camshaft position sensor, but I'm not sure, and still no fuel or spark. I can't really afford to take my truck to a shop to do a computer check so this is last hope.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the lights in the dashboard come on as they should when you turn the key to accesory and then to RUN?
Yes everything cuts on and lights up, expect my Check Engine light don't appear, when I turn the key the lights cut off when I release the key they turn back on

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
677 Posts
Well if your check engine light does not stay on in the run position that is an indication that the PCM is not working right. The PCM needs several different power feeds through different fuses. If one of those is bad then that could explain the no fuel pump running and maybe even more.

In the underhood fuseblock check fuse #28, fuse #23, and fuse #10. In the rear fuseblock under the seat check fuse #47.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if your check engine light does not stay on in the run position that is an indication that the PCM is not working right. The PCM needs several different power feeds through different fuses. If one of those is bad then that could explain the no fuel pump running and maybe even more.

In the underhood fuseblock check fuse #28, fuse #23, and fuse #10. In the rear fuseblock under the seat check fuse #47.
I checked my fuses they're all good my variable valve timing solenoid looks like it has a lot of oil in it and it's dirty from the outside could that have anything to do with the new spark or fuel?

·
Registered
677 Posts
OK, let me say this again for emphasis...

Until you see the check engine light come on and stay on with the key in the run position... Your car WILL NOT START.

Nothing else matters at that point. No sensors. No actuators. No oily or dirty wires.

If that check engine light is not on then the PCM (that controls everything about the engine) is not getting what it needs to operate.

If the fuses check out OK (meaning you have checked them for continuity and also checked them for voltage with the key in the RUN position) then the next step would be to disconnect the harnesses at the PCM and verify voltages at the connector pin terminals.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O
OK, let me say this again for emphasis...

Until you see the check engine light come on and stay on with the key in the run position... Your car WILL NOT START.

Nothing else matters at that point. No sensors. No actuators. No oily or dirty wires.

If that check engine light is not on then the PCM (that controls everything about the engine) is not getting what it needs to operate.

If the fuses check out OK (meaning you have checked them for continuity and also checked them for voltage with the key in the RUN position) then the next step would be to disconnect the harnesses at the PCM and verify voltages at the connector pin terminals.
Okay sorry! Your right! I turn my key over now my PMC #28 don't have voltage, I'll follow your steps and see what I can find thankyou!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Also if I didn't reconnect the fuel injector correctly could that cause this issue?
Fuse #28 is fed from a pink wire at the ignition switch. You can see that wire in this picture behind and between the orange and red wires. I have read that ignition switches are a common failure but I have not experienced that myself. In any event, that would be a good place to have a look and test if you have 12 volts at that pink wire with key in RUN.

IMG_20200720_161226.jpg

·
Registered
677 Posts
Fuse #28 is fed from a pink wire at the ignition switch. You can see that wire in this picture behind and between the orange and red wires. I have read that ignition switches are a common failure but I have not experienced that myself. In any event, that would be a good place to have a look and test if you have 12 volts at that pink wire with key in RUN.

View attachment 55964
Also have a look at the Ignition B fuse #36. That feeds power to the ignition switch and then on through there to fuse #28. So if fuse #36 (Ign B) is blown that would cause fuse #28 to have no power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts