Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2002 Trailblazer will not crank, battery has power, turn signals stopped working, the tach and other gauges were eratic but drove and ran fine. Shut it off and would not crank. Checked fuses - all good, by passed the starter relay and she fired up and ran still no turn signals and also noticed tach eratic. Got it home and figured it was just the relay, new relay - same problem So not the relay. Went to start it to take it to the shop and she will fire when bypassed but now will not stay running. Might be the ignition switch but it seems weird the turn signals don't work. Also noticed originally with key in on position the check engine light was o, bypass relay and started and ran. Now engine light not on and wont run???? Any help would be appreciated because I live in the boonies and towing to garage expensive. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
137 Posts
Hi, my 2002 Trailblazer will not crank, battery has power... ...by passed the starter relay and she fired up and ran... ...new relay - same problem So not the relay.
Does the relay have proper power and ground?

That is, is there a trigger signal to the relay, and a ground for the trigger? The trigger signal turns the relay on. No trigger or no ground, relay doesn't work. Trigger would be controlled by the ignition switch, which I have been told is a common failure point especially when the key-ring has lots of keys, dangles, fobs, etc. (Heavy.) My key ring weighs a ton, and the ignition switch on my '03 is original--but I'm told they're fragile.

Is there main power to the relay? And if you jumper from main power terminal of the relay socket, to the terminal in the relay socket that goes to the starter, does the starter crank?

I haven't looked in the under-hood fuse/relay box in a long time, but it seems to me that the starter solenoid is powered through the relay by a huge "Maxi-Fuse".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks , turns out it was the ignition switch and a couple of blown fuses that looked good but proved faulty with a test lamp. Problem solved

1 - 4 of 4 Posts