Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i woke up sunday morning, turn the key and heard a CLICK!, battery was dead. took it to the auto-part store and got a new one. put it in and the my truck turned on. the problem now is that when im idle or at a stop light the truck dis-accelerates(not sure of the term) but accelaration goes down almost till the truck is off and then regain power. on monday it didnt wanna turn on again so i put it on Neutral, and yea!!! it turned on but still with the same acceleration problem.
I had a mechanic, my dad's friend but he only looked at it for like 10 minutesand then said the gas pump might not be pushing enough gas to the motor and may need to be replaced( $400 + labor!!!!!)
so i thought i'd check with you guys before i spend all that money and maybe thats not even the problem.
has anyone had the same problem?
what was the problem?
whats was the fix?

i own a 02 TB LTZ 4x4 Vortec 4.2
please help!~

·
Premium Member
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
123 Posts
Nightmare

Check the webiste, I am pretty sure the problem is how to reset your computer.

Tobruk

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
58 Posts
Clean your throttle body. Do a search for more details and a how to. When you disconnected your battery, your computer's settings reset thinking it has a clean throttle body.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you ALL for the quick replies, i will try cleaning the throttle body 2morrow and see how it goes. will keep you posted.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you are at idle, stopped, the RPM's drop to almost nothing, sometimes even stalling the truck.

If that is the case, do what the others have suggested and clean your throttle body. Also, have the forward O2 sensor checked. It sounds like it is getting lazy and needs to be replaced. About $50 or so for the part and the auto parts store can lend you the proper socket to change it out.

Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i cleaned the throttle body after work and it seems to work fine. im gonna drive it tomorrow and see how it goes. if its fixed i might skip replacing the O2 sensor for now but thanks for all the good advice u all gave me.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
well i cleaned the throttle body after work and it seems to work fine. im gonna drive it tomorrow and see how it goes. if its fixed i might skip replacing the O2 sensor for now but thanks for all the good advice u all gave me.
the truck neads to relearn everything after the battery disconnect so just give it some time.

As for the no start. Look up the ignition switch. My truck did the same thing. battery seemed dead. Tested bad, replaced and still didn't start. 5 minutes later it starts and hasn't done it for 3 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts