Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot news.
"It isn't a recall at the moment, but the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is reportedly looking into more than six million General Motors pickups and SUVs over brake line corrosion concerns. According to The Detroit News, the models in question date from 1999 to 2003, and they have been noted in 110 complaints and three alleged crashes due to a loss of braking performance. In 37 of those cases, inspecting dealers have confirmed brake line failures.

GM is apparently cooperating with NHTSA's investigation, and while 110 reported issues is a tiny fraction of 6.2 million, if you have one of the vehicles in question don't be afraid to have it looked at. "

[Source: The Detroit News]

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/05/nhtsa-reportedly-opens-probe-into-6-2m-gm-vehicles-over-corroded/

:no:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
hmmmm i'm taking my truck in tonite for my mechanic to look at my truck cause i'm having brake problems... not losing any braking function but the electrical part of my brakes is going crazy seeing a failure..

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I guess they can have the lines powder coated or use some sort of undercoating on them after they get bent.

I remember our lines do have some sort of coating but I wouldn't go screaming recall if one rusted through. It's common sense that metal will eventually rust. Especially the cheapy stuff brake lines are made out of.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
41 Posts
I guess they can have the lines powder coated or use some sort of undercoating on them after they get bent.

I remember our lines do have some sort of coating but I wouldn't go screaming recall if one rusted through. It's common sense that metal will eventually rust. Especially the cheapy stuff brake lines are made out of.
Sure, but unlike the flex lines, the hard lines aren't exactly designed for easy replacement upon failure. I'd like to think I could have a reasonable expectation of them lasting the full expected service life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
32 Posts
is it a recall yet?

just like to know if it is a recall yet so i can get stuff looked at and fixed if it needs it. what would it look like. because i replaced my rotars and pads myself yesterday and one of the brake lines going to one of my calipers is scaled over. the brakes are working fine but want to know more.

thanks,
twpeek:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts