Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm getting new wheels and tires! The tire shop has an insane deal on 22"s. Velocity VW830's! All four with tires for $1000 plus $200 tax and install. The guy says to go 265/35R22 and I told him 265/40R22 was the right size... The deal is with Sunny's or Nexan's though! I was going to go with Yokohama Parada SpecX's but they are $189 each! Has anyone here got a report on these? Should I go with the Sunny SN3800, Nexan's Rodian's or pay the extra money for the specX? I'll post a picture of my truck and the wheels I have on order!

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
the 40 series tires are the way to go....the sunny's got a nice tread pattern but personally I would spend the extra money on the yoko's....good luck on your decision!!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called the shop to have them order the yoko's! They want to charge me $250. I found them at tirerack.com for $189. At $736 total it would be $500 more for yoko's either way and they won't be here until mon...

They only have a 35 in the nexan, he could go get a sunny in a 40...
They rim's are in today. What should I do go with a 35 in the Nexan, a 40 in a Sunny. Wear them out and possibly trade them in? Or pay the freggin extra $500 and wait for Yoko's!

If I had to choose between Sunny40 the Nexan35 and which one would you guys pick?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I know I need 40's...The shop tech said the Nexan may a little better but I saw a guy cruise in his Range Rover on Nexan's and the tire was slipping and making this crazy sgegging sound. Wow!

So I chose the Sunny bc it was softer and looked like a better tread pattern for dry southern california weather! You guys say Sunny's suck huh? Maybe I should pay the extra $500 and wait until they can get Yoko's!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
ok i know im gonna get ripped for this comment but whatever,,,,,do tires brands really matter???? YES most of the time....on performance vehicles...yes.....offroad vehicles....yes.....NOW on a voy or tb that dosent see high spped,offroad,or winter driving and are only on for the summer months?????lmao your crazy to blow the extra cash just to get a well know name on the sidewall of your tires that you use for summer driving...i know guys are gonna say "ooooooo no you have to buy big name tires"....the first set of rims/tires i had on my voy WERE a 24" with sunny tires,,,i paid 1,800 for them brand new....now i have a new set of 24's on nexan tires{same size} and they cost 2,700,,,,,,the wheels were the same price so the difference was tire cost....it was a wheel tire package but if i had the chance i'd of bought the sunny's in a heartbeat no matter what anybody says.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks I was looking for a polished steel and black rim but hard to find a 6-127 bolt pattern in any of them...

Thought I was getting a killer deal until I found out the sunny/nexan tires are only like $75 bucks each! $200-$300 for a set...

It looks like I may have to go with a Sunny SN3800 265/40/R22! Does anyone think Nexan is better? I would have to go 265/35/22 in that one.

Thanks for the advice jayd1563! We do actually drive in mtn snow or rain here so I thought the Nexan would be better with the two center grooves...The Sunny looks softer with a better tread pattern for summer so I think I'll go with them for now and then get something better after summers over!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
well like i said i had sunny's now i have nexans both same size...the only difference is that the nexans are a tad bit quieter betwwen 45-70..........imo dont take advice from what people "have heard"......ive owned both so id say my imput is decent.

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
i mean if you wanna spend the extra and get yokohamas or pirellis or whatever else,,,yeah they will be great tires BUT ask yourself what you need them for.......summer planning or year round hard use?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We do need them for year round hard driving in various conditions from mtn roads to dry packed desert...it is summer in southern cali though so it doesn't rain much...I think either tire will work fine the nexen looks like maybe a little better for various conditions but they only have a 265/35/22. Should I try to get them to find a 265/40/22 in the Nexan? The guys' telling me they don't have it and they only have Sunny's at the other shop but may be able to find a Nexan in a 40. Oh man If only the deal was with some Yoko's or Pirelli's! I gotta get these wheels put on and might have to wait until summer's over for a better tire and a lower suspension!

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
yeah im pretty sure the 265/40/22 will fit......im not positive,,i would ask but if so i would get those:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh yeah I read the Sunny at mid speed has a noticable hum...is that sound a nice hum that goes away with time? Also the Nexan's on this guy's Range were making a weird sqegging sound when he pulled in. (He had painted his brand new chrome Lexani's grayish black) Ever heard anything like that?

Thanks for the advice I'm about to head out to the tire shop!

Anyone else got Sunny's or Nexan's?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts